Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars can be your easy, go to dessert recipe this summer. Everyone loves a creamy and luscious cheesecake topped with delicious homemade strawberry swirl.
Here we are today with another favorite dessert of mine!
If you're anything like me, at some point you've been intimidated by a recipe and decided to procrastinate. Guilty here, I've done it a million times. For me, cakes used to be the easiest desserts and I would procrastinate on pies and cheesecakes much as I could.
But now, I make everything and I want to show you how easy it is to make any recipe without being intimidated by the ingredients or the steps. As long as you follow the recipe, you're good to go. Now, let's talk about these Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars.
Strawberries are perfect for spring and summer desserts and I do my share of strawberry desserts quite well every year. I also love to have them with oatmeal in the morning or of course, in morning smoothies. They make my smoothie tastier and prettier. But on top of all of these, I love a good strawberry cheesecake!
More Strawberry Recipes For You:
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
- Healthy Strawberry Milkshake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Scones
- Strawberry Cream Swiss Roll
These Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars became everyone's favorite immediately once we took them to a potluck. The luscious creamy filling - despite using light cream cheese and Greek yogurt - tastes so good with the graham cracker crust and strawberry swirl.
Even though I have suggested that you can use canned strawberry filling for this strawberry swirl cheesecake recipe, I strongly encourage you to make a homemade one if you can because first, you know what you're putting in there if you make it yourself and second, the consistency and color is better when homemade.
More cheesecake recipes:
Changes you can make in this Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars recipe:
Use full fat cream cheese instead of low fat cream cheese.
Use sour cream instead of Greek Yogurt.
Use store-bought strawberry filling. However, I strongly recommend making your own if you can.
Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Bars
- 1 ½ cup strawberries
- 1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ½ cup graham crackers crumb
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoon melted butter
- 16 oz cream cheese I used light, softened
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9X9 baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with non stick spray.
- Blend the strawberries for 10 second. You don't want them to turn into juice, just fully mashed.
- Place strawberries, cornstarch, granulated sugar and water in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until thickens, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to the baking pan and press firmly. Place the pan in freezer for 15 minutes or until the filling is ready.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in the eggs, one by one. Mix well after each addition.
- Mix in Greek Yogurt and Sugar. Mix in vanilla. Beat until well incorporated.
- Take the pan out of the freezer, pour in the cheesecake filling and using a spatula, make the surface smooth.
- Drizzle the strawberry mixture on the cheesecake filling. Using a knife or a toothpick to swirl it.
- Bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes. Check after 30 minutes. The sides should be set while the center is a bit jiggly. If so, take the cheesecake out and let it cool completely on the counter. Then cool it in the fridge for at least 3 hours before cutting.
best cheesecake recipe ever! hands down.
Just a question, I wanted to make it in a 9" springform pan this time with the same amount of material, so it'll be a little taller
How should I modify the time in the oven?
The cooking time will be a bit longer, I would keep a close eye, about 5-8 more minutes.
My strawberry filling did not come out as good looking as yours but oh my goodness it was DELICIOUS!! My boyfriend loves cheesecake as well and he went for seconds! Thanks so much!
Happy to know you enjoyed the recipes!