This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Mazola® Corn Oil. All opinions are mine alone. #SimpleSwap #CollectiveBias
Thai Turkey Burgers are a lighter version of an all time favorite dish. Juicy turkey patties flavored with Thai spices and paired with a delicious Thai coleslaw make the perfect meal!
Are you working on your 2018 wellness goals? Then these turkey burgers are right up your alley.
This is because they are made with Mazola® Corn Oil, which is an all-purpose cooking oil that is a smart, heart-healthy choice for the family. A recent study has found that adding Mazola® Corn Oil to one’s diet resulted in lower cholesterol levels than Coconut Oil. A previous study found that corn oil can also help lower cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about the study, see Mazola.com. This oil can be used in different ways such as baking, grilling, sautéing, stir frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing..
These days, we’re trying to eat lighter food that comes together in no time and is full of flavor. Our favorites so far are easy and quick cauliflower potato curry, saffron roasted butternut squash soup and baked garlic parmesan chicken strips. I love food that’s quick, tasty and good-for-you! These Thai turkey burgers have become my new obsession as they’re bursting with flavor, but are also guilt-free!
How to make Thai style turkey burger
It’s very easy to make Thai turkey burgers. You need 2 pounds of ground turkey, some garlic, ginger, sambal oelek, green curry paste and lime zest. Green curry paste is a combination of Thai spices and it gives a great flavor to the burgers.
Mix all the ingredients together and heat a grill pan over high heat. Brush the pan with Mazola® Corn Oil and place the patties on the grill pan. Grill the patties for 4 minutes on each side until they are fully cooked and juicy. Make the coleslaw by mixing the coleslaw mix with lime juice, honey and some salt. Then all you have to do is to assemble the burgers and top with some sriracha mayo. Trust me, it’s really easy!
What I love about Mazola® Corn Oil is that it has a neutral taste that won’t negatively impact the taste of ingredients, so it lets the natural flavor of food stand out. Many home cooks may not realize that all cooking oils have a smoke point that, once exceeded, will negatively affect the food’s flavor and nutritional value. Mazola® Corn Oil has a smoke point higher than most cooking oils at 450°F, which is perfect for grilling these Thai turkey burgers on a grill pan. All Mazola® oils are cholesterol free and have become a healthful tradition in America.
I love making a big batch of these Thai turkey burgers and have them during the week. They stay well in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Therefore making a big batch of these in the beginning of the week would help you stay on track for the rest of the week.
What makes these Thai turkey burgers a better choice?
- Mazola Corn Oil instead of butter: Using corn oil adds to the lighter benefits of this burger. It makes the burger patties better-for-you without sacrificing the flavors.
- Turkey instead of beef: Ground turkey is a better choice for a burger if you are more conscious about meat consumption. Turkey is lighter than beef and you can flavor it very well with the curry sauce and spices.
- Cabbage slaw instead of fries: While it might be difficult to leave the fries out, this delicious Thai inspired slaw is a good substitute. It’s fresh, and very simple to make as it requires only 4 ingredients.
You can also grill these Thai turkey burgers on a gas grill if you’re having a barbecue party. The new flavors will wow everyone and they will ask for seconds!
Notes and tips to make Thai turkey burgers:
- Don’t overcook the turkey burgers as they will get dry and very chewy. Grill them on high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side until they have brown grill marks.
- Swap chicken for turkey to have Thai chicken burgers. The cooking time will remain the same, but the burgers might shrink a little bit more than turkey burgers.
- Store the leftover Thai turkey patties in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. To reheat, wrap each patty in aluminum foil and heat in the oven (200F) for 15 minutes.
- You can use any kind of buns for these burgers. Regular burger buns or pretzel buns would work perfectly.
- Make these Thai turkey patties in a smaller size – around 3 inches in diameter – to have Thai turkey sliders. The sliders would be perfect for family gatherings and parties.
Thai Turkey Burgers
Thai Turkey Burgers
- 2 Lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger Minced
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 tbsp Sambal Oelek
- 1 1/2 tsp Green Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp Lime Zest
- 4 tbsp Mazola® Corn Oil
- 8 Burger Buns
- 3 tbsp Low fat Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Sriracha
Crunchy Cabbage Slaw
- 3 cup Coleslaw Mix
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Honey
- Place ground turkey, ginger, garlic, sambal oelek, green curry paste and lime zest in a large bowl, mix until fully combined.
- Form into 8 patties and place aside.
- Place a grill pan over high heat. Once the pan is hot, pour Mazola® Corn Oil in the grill pan.
- Place the patties on the grill pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until there are brown grill marks on each side.
- Mix mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl.
- Cut the burger buns into halves lengthwise. Place Thai turkey burgers on each bun, top with crunchy cabbage slaw and sriracha mayo. Serve immediately.
Crunchy Cabbage Slaw:
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!