This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
This virgin strawberry daiquiri recipe is bursting with strawberry flavor! It's a great option if you're looking for a tasty and beautiful non-alcoholic beverage.
I love making mocktails and non-alcoholic drinks with strong flavors that don't make you feel like you're drinking a glass of liquid sugar. Some of the classics we have here at Unicorns in the Kitchen include a non-alcoholic sangria recipe that our readers love, a raspberry party punch, and, of course, our favorite mint ginger mocktail. Mocktails are always fun to make and I'm proud of this non alcoholic strawberry daiquiri that's thick, tasty and just all around perfect!
Why this recipe works
While regular strawberry daiquiris contain rum, this virgin version has tonic water and a delicious strawberry fruit syrup which boldens the flavor and makes it even more delicious.
If you're tired of boring non-alcoholic drinks, this virgin strawberry daiquiri is for you. And trust me, everyone loves this drink! It's easy and doesn't call for many ingredients - a perfect alternative for people who love cocktails but don't consume alcohol. Ditch the boring, sugar loaded sodas: this strawberry daiquiri is going to be your new favorite!
To make a virgin strawberry daiquiri at home you need the following ingredients:
Frozen strawberries - My choice is Signature SELECT™ frozen whole strawberries. They are super sweet and each strawberry is perfectly whole and red. They are just perfect for this daiquiri!
Strawberry syrup - Signature SELECT™ strawberry fruit syrup is an award winning product that adds a lot of flavor to the drink. Instead of using sugar or simple syrup, I use this strawberry fruit syrup to enhance the flavor.
Lime - A little bit of citrus pairs perfectly with the strawberries and adds brightness to this drink.
Ice - Ice blended with frozen strawberries will give the drink the thick texture we're looking for.
Tonic Water - Signature SELECT™ is another award winning product that we love. It has enough fizz to elevate the drink but don't overpower it.
I shopped at Safeway, but you can also find O Organics®, Open Nature® and OWN Brands products at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.. Safeway also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop! I love using it since it helps me save time and also, it's so convenient!
- Place the frozen strawberries in the blender and add the strawberry fruit syrup.
- Add the lime juice and ice and blend on high for a few seconds.
- Add in the tonic and blend for a few more seconds until everything is combined.
- Divide the virgin daiquiri between two glasses, garnish and serve.
How long does this drink last?
Virgin strawberry daiquiri is best served right away. The longer it sits, the runnier the texture will be. I suggest chilling your glasses in the freezer for a few minutes before serving so the drink keeps cold for longer.
Can I use fresh strawberries instead of frozen?
Fresh strawberries could change the texture of the drink since they contain more water and are softer than frozen strawberries. Therefore, I recommend using frozen strawberries for this recipe.
Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe
- 2 cups Signature Select Frozen Strawberries
- 4 tablespoon Signature Select Strawberry Fruit syrup
- 1 lime juice of
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup Signature Select Tonic Water
- Place the serving glasses in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Place the frozen strawberries in a blender.
- Add the strawberry fruit syrup, lime juice and ice to the strawberries.
- Blend for a few seconds and then add the tonic water. Blend again to have everything combined.
- Divide between the glasses, garnish with strawberries and serve immediately.