These peppermint brownies are a combination of two favorite desserts with a holiday twist. Fudgy brownies topped with creamy peppermint cheesecake, yum!
I love holiday baking and there are so many recipes we make during the holidays such as krumkake, cranberry oatmeal cookies and the best ever thumbprint cookies. If you're a peppermint fan, these peppermint brownies would be perfect for you!
Fudgy brownies with a holiday twist
I hope you are having a good holiday season, full of cookies, stews, warm soups and blankets and Christmas movies! I love watching Christmas movies every night so let me know what your favorite Christmas movie is!
Here in our home, we have started decorating our tiny tree and windows with lights and stockings. Everything looks so jolly and peaceful which makes me like winter a little bit better. Good thing that I bake a lot - otherwise life would have been sad! These fudgy creamy brownie peppermint cheesecake bars are the newest treats I baked this holiday and they're so easy to make!
How to make chocolate peppermint brownies
To make this peppermint brownie recipe, preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and coat with non stick spray. Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl and mix well.
Add in sugar and eggs to the melted chocolate and butter and mix until completely incorporated. Add in flour and cocoa powder, mix until combined and then pour the brownie batter into the pan.
Start making the cheesecake layer by simply mixing cream cheese with 1 egg and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Pour it over the brownie batter and swirl using a knife. Top with crusher peppermint candies and bake until the edges are set and the middle is just a little jiggly. Let the peppermint cheesecake brownies cool completely before slicing.
Notes and tips to make peppermint brownies recipe
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature. Cream cheese combines with sugar and eggs much easier once it's softer in room temperature.
- You can add extra crushed candy cane to the brownie batter.
- Let the peppermint brownie cheesecake cool completely before slicing. I like to pop it in the fridge for a few hours before slicing.
- You can store these Christmas peppermint brownies in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days.
- If you're in a rush, use brownie mix to make peppermint brownies.
Looking for more recipes?
- Pumpkin Pie Brownies
- Oreo brownies recipe
- Quick and easy brownies
- Peanut butter brownies
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- Best Ever Flourless Brownies
Fudgy Peppermint Brownies
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 mini peppermint candy canes crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9X9 baking pan with aluminum foil. Coat with non stick spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in microwave or in a bowl over boiling water.
- Whisk in sugar and eggs. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add in flour and cocoa powder, mix until combined. Pour into the pan.
- Mix all the ingredients for cheesecake except crushed candy cane in a bowl, pour over brownie batter and swirl using a knife.
- Top with crushed candy cane and bake in the oven for 25 - 28 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into 16 squares.