Rich Nutella brownies require just a few ingredients and are incredibly fudgy and tasty. Make sure to watch the video to learn how to make these brownies.
Did you know that we have lots of decadent brownie recipes? From quick and easy brownies to snickers brownies and peanut butter brownies, we have a little something for every brownie lover out there. This rich Nutella brownie recipe is for those chocoholics out there who love adding the beloved hazelnut spread to almost anything.
Brownies with Nutella!
There are very few people out there who would say no to ooey gooey brownie filled with Nutella. Whether you like the center pieces or the corner pieces, this Nutella filled brownie is going to be your favorite.
This brownie recipe is not overly sweet and it's pretty fudgy like our flourless brownies. It's moist and super chocolate-y. And you know what makes this the best Nutella brownies recipe ever? The fact that it uses both chocolate and Nutella in the recipe. A double blessing, might I suggest?
Is Nutella vegan?
According to Spoon University, Nutella is not vegan because it uses skimmed milk powder. However, there are vegan alternatives to Nutella available at many supermarkets. Be sure to check the list of ingredients before purchasing.
Ingredients to make easy Nutella brownies
Easy and simple, this fudgy gooey brownie recipe is made with just a few ingredients:
- Chocolate chips
- Nutella or any other hazelnut spread
If you have a secret stash of Nutella somewhere in your pantry, then you probably have all the other ingredients as well. It takes less than 40 minutes from start to finish to make these indulgent brownies, so you basically have no excuse.
Don't have chocolate chips? Don't fret! Simply use baking chocolate or any other simple chocolate that you have. Please don't use milk chocolate as it's too sweet. Bitter sweet chocolate works best in this brownie recipe.
How to make Nutella brownies
This is a one bowl brownie recipe which means cleaning up is going to be a breeze. You can make Nutella brownies from scratch with just a few steps:
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add in the sugar and mix well.
- Add in the eggs and mix using a whisk or an electric hand mixer.
- Stir in the Nutella make sure it's combined well.
- Finally, add in the flour and mix well. Transfer the batter into a prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven, let it cool for a few minutes and then slice.
What kind of pan should I use to make these brownies?
All our brownie recipes are made in an 8x8 square baking pan. It's a standard pan that you can find anywhere and you probably have one in your kitchen right now. I have not tried making brownies in a glass or ceramic pan so I'm not sure what the outcome would be. Make sure you coat the pan with non stick spray or some vegetable oil and then line with parchment paper to prevent the brownies from sticking and making clean up easier.
Looking for more brownie recipes?
- Brownie in a mug
- Caramel brownies
- Oreo brownies
- S'mores brownies
- Pumpkin pie brownies
- Peppermint brownies
How long to bake brownies?
I usually bake brownies for about 20 to 25 minutes, until the top sets and starts to have little cracks. It's important to avoid baking the brownies for too long as they will become dry or excessively cake-y.
Can you freeze Nutella brownies?
Yes! Simply slice the Nutella brownies into pieces and wrap each piece in a parchment paper. These brownies freeze well up to three months. To serve, thaw them in the fridge overnight and let them come to room temperature before serving.
How long do Nutella brownies last?
If stored properly in an airtight container and in the fridge, these brownies should last for up to a week.
Easy Nutella Brownies
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 oz chocolate chips
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup Nutella
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F and coat an 8x8 baking pan with non stick spray. Line the pan with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds to prevent burning.
- Once the butter and chocolate chips are melted, stir them well to combine.
- Add the sugar and mix well using an electric mixer or a whisk.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Mix in Nutella and make sure it's fully combined.
- Add in the flour and mix well make sure there are no flour pockets in the batter.
- Transfer the batter into the baking pan and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. The edges should be set and the center would be just a bit jiggly.
- Let it cool for about 15 minutes before slicing.
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature. When ingredients are at room temperature, they mix better.
- To make this recipe, you can use Nutella or any other hazelnut spread.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to a week.