This Mediterranean corn salad is easy, delicious ready in 10 minutes!. Drizzled with a zesty dressing, this is the perfect summer salad!
When it comes to salads, I want it all: I want something bright and refreshing with a zing that’s also a bit sweet. I like to add herbs, legumes, and citrus to my salads to make them even more interesting, like our popular tabouli, lentil salad or Mediterranean three bean salad. Today’s recipe is a tasty summer corn salad with a Mediterranean twist. It’s simple, yet so delicious!
Thank you Libby’s for sponsoring this post.
About this recipe
When I was living in Istanbul I learned a lot about Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine. Salads such as gavurdagi or potato salad have a special place in Turkish cuisine, in which they are often served as appetizers. This easy Mediterranean corn salad recipe was passed along by a Turkish friend of mine back and remains a favorite. The ingredients are simple but when combined together and tossed with a zesty lemony dressing, it truly becomes the perfect summer salad.
To make this salad, you need only a few ingredients:
- Libby’s Whole Kernel Sweet Corn and sliced carrots: This is the base of our salad. These vegetables are sweet so we are going to balance the flavors with a zesty dressing.
- Roasted red peppers: You can use jarred roasted red peppers or simply roast them in the oven at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes.
- Olives: I used green olives but kalamata olives work too.
You can add other ingredients to this salad. Here are a few suggestions:
- Add grilled chicken or leftover chicken to this corn salad to turn it into a whole meal.
- Want to make it for a crowd? Add a couple heads of lettuce and feed a crowd!
- Add other vegetables such as cucumbers, avocados or broccoli for more flavor.
Frequently asked questions
You can make this salad a few hours to a day ahead. To keep the flavors fresh, I suggest you keep the dressing separated until you’re ready to serve. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix using a large spoon right before serving.
Yes! Herbs are used liberally in Mediterranean cooking. For this recipe you can use parsley, mint, green onions or a combination of the three.
Corn salad doesn't freeze well and would lose its texture, therefore it's best to make and serve it right away or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
More Salad Recipes
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Mediterranean Corn Salad Recipe
- 1 can Libby’s Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
- 1 can Libby’s Sliced Carrots
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup parsley chopped
- ½ cup green olives
- ¼ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place the corn, carrots, chopped roasted peppers, olives and parsley in a large bowl. Combine the ingredients using a large spoon.
- Make the dressing by mixing lemon juice, olive oil, Aleppo pepper and salt in a small jar.
- Pour over the salad and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes for the flavors to combine.
- Serve cold.
- In case you don't have Aleppo pepper, use chili pepper flakes.
- To make this salad ahead of time, mix all the salad ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate. Keep the dressing separately and mix it with the salad right before serving.
- You can serve this salad with kebabs, grilled chicken or fish.
I used Libby’s Whole Kernel Sweet Corn and Libby’s Sliced Carrots for this salad which made this whole process faster, easier and more delicious. Using these Libby’s ingredients made it easier and more affordable to eat healthier, and as a result, possibly to recreate the recipe year-round! Learn more about how Libby’s Vegetables can help you transform pantry staples into something special, make mealtime easy and yummy, and help you explore internationally inspired recipes here!