Mediterranean corn salad is easy, delicious and bright. Drizzled with a zesty dressing, this is the perfect summer salad!
Thank you Libby’s for sponsoring this post.
When it comes to salads, I want it all: I want something bright and refreshing with a zing that’s also a bit sweet. I like to add herbs, legumes, and citrus to my salads to make them even more interesting, like our popular lentil salad or Mediterranean three bean salad. Today’s recipe is a tasty summer corn salad with a Mediterranean twist. It’s simple, yet so delicious!
Mediterranean style sweet corn salad
When I was living in Istanbul, Turkey between 2012 and 2015, I learned a lot about Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine. Salads such as gavurdagi or potato salad have a special place in Turkish cuisine, in which they are often served as appetizers. This easy Mediterranean corn salad recipe was passed along by a Turkish friend of mine back and remains a favorite. The ingredients are simple but when combined together and tossed with a zesty lemony dressing, it truly becomes the perfect summer salad.
What goes into summer corn salad?
To make this salad, you need only a few ingredients:
- Libby’s Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
- Libby’s Sliced Carrots
- Roasted red peppers
- Green olives
I used Libby’s Whole Kernel Sweet Corn and Libby’s Sliced Carrots for this salad which made this whole process faster, easier and more delicious. Using these Libby’s ingredients made it easier and more affordable to eat healthier, and as a result, possibly to recreate the recipe year-round! Learn more about how Libby’s Vegetables can help you transform pantry staples into something special, make mealtime easy and yummy, and help you explore internationally inspired recipes here!
This corn salad is tossed with a zesty and bright dressing to balance the flavors. To make the dressing you need the following ingredients:
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Aleppo pepper
Freshly squeezed lemon juice helps with the acidity and the Aleppo pepper adds a certain zing to the salad. Together, they balance the sweetness of corn and carrots.
Can I make this salad ahead of time?
You can make this salad a few hours to a day ahead. To keep the flavors fresh, I suggest you keep the dressing separated until you’re ready to serve. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix using a large spoon right before serving.
What to serve this sweet corn salad with
This salad is the perfect accompaniment to our favorite summer dishes, which include beef shish kabobs and salmon kabobs. You can also serve it alongside other delicious Turkish dishes such as borek, zucchini fritters or gozleme.
More Salads Recipes
Mediterranean Corn Salad Recipe
- 1 can Libby’s Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
- 1 can Libby’s Sliced Carrots
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup parsley chopped
- ½ cup green olives
- ¼ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Place the corn, carrots, chopped roasted peppers, olives and parsley in a large bowl. Combine the ingredients using a large spoon.
- Make the dressing by mixing lemon juice, olive oil, Aleppo pepper and salt in a small jar.
- Pour over the salad and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes for the flavors to combine.
- Serve cold.
- In case you don't have Aleppo pepper, use chili pepper flakes.
- To make this salad ahead of time, mix all the salad ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate. Keep the dressing separately and mix it with the salad right before serving.