These salmon avocado bites are ready in 15 minutes and are the perfect appetizer. The combination of smoked salmon and avocado is so tasty!
You know we love fish and seafood recipes around here. From our pan seared salmon to salmon fillets with lemon and dijon salmon, we have many recipes here celebrating this delicious fish. Today's recipe uses one of my favorite combinations: smoked salmon and avocado and I bet you're going to love it!
Table Of Contents:
A quick appetizer
Now pair that good quality cracker with some mashed avocados, goat cheese and salmon and you'll have a delicious appetizer. These easy salmon avocado bites are perfect for gatherings and parties and is ready in just 15 minutes.
- Cheese: I used plain goat cheese this time but I've also tried this recipe with herbed goat cheese and cream cheese and both work well.
- Avocado: Make sure your avocado is soft and ripe. You can also use packaged avocado spread instead of fresh avocado.
- Smoked salmon: You can use lox or flaky smoked salmon.
- Crackers: The crackers used for this recipe should be thick enough to hold the avocado and salmon.
Mix the goat cheese with red onions and parsley. Mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper.
Spread some goat cheese on the crackers and top with avocado mash and smoked salmon. This recipe yields 20-25 salmon avocado bites.
These salmon avocado bites are simple yet so delicious. Here are a few variations you can use to jazz up this combination:
- Top the bites with everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Add fresh dill to the goat cheese.
- Mix some chopped jalapenos with the avocados for more spiciness.
Frequently asked questions
It's best to make these avocado bites right before serving because the crackers would stay crisp and the avocado won't turn brown.
Absolutely. This recipe would be just as delicious without the onions.
You can use cream cheese (plain or flavored) or even soft cheese such as brie or camembert.
More appetizer recipes
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Salmon Avocado Bites
- 1 small red onion
- 4 oz goat cheese
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- 1 avocado
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz Smoked Salmon
- 20-25 crackers
- Finely dice the red onion and mix it with the goat cheese and parsley in a small bowl, set aside.
- In another bowl, mash the avocado and mix it with salt and pepper.
- Top each cracker with goat cheese, mashed avocado and smoked salmon.
- Serve immediately,