“This post has been sponsored by Tyson Foods, inc. and Uncle Bens. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
An easy skillet chicken and rice with veggies that’s ready in no time! Make this one-pan chicken and rice dish in no time with a couple of shortcuts.
One-pan dishes are super easy and great for a weeknight dinner. Some of my favorites are one-pan chicken parmesan pasta, one-pan jambalaya pasta and one-pot tomato rice. This veggie chicken and rice skillet is packed with flavors and so simple to make.
To make this skillet chicken and rice, I used Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips and Uncle Ben's® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown. You can find it at your local Albertsons/Safeway.
Click below to save on Tyson and Uncle Ben's at your local store.
Skillet veggie chicken and rice ingredients
To make this easy skillet dinner, you need olive oil, onion, red bell pepper, carrots, garlic, brussels sprouts and spices, plus Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips and Uncle Ben's® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown.
Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Whole Grain is easy to prepare, and you can make it in the microwave in only 90 seconds since it's already fully cooked and ready to serve. Tyson Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips are a great addition to this recipe since they're 100% all natural, made with white meat chicken and are fully cooked. Dinner can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
How to make skillet chicken and rice
Start with sauteing some onions and garlic in the skillet. Once the onion is translucent, add in red pepper and carrots. Saute until carrots are almost cooked.
Add in brussels sprouts and spices, including salt, allspice, coriander, cumin and cayenne, to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes. Add in grilled chicken strips and mix well to warm up the chicken.
Meanwhile, prepare the whole grain rice in the microwave. Let the grilled chicken strips heat up in the skillet.
Add in the prepared rice to the skillet and mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Drizzle some balsamic vinegar and lemon juice. Serve warm.
What to serve with chicken and rice skillet
I love serving a simple salad, such as fattoush, cucumber tomato avocado salad or Mediterranean salad, with this chicken and rice skillet. A small and simple salad on the side brings freshness and more flavor to this easy dish.
This chicken and rice recipe is perfect for the weeknights when you want to make a delicious and nutritious meal that wouldn't take so much time. It's quick and easy to make, especially if you prepare and chop the vegetables ahead of time. I always try to have some chopped onion, garlic, and peppers in the fridge so I can quickly start a meal. I always get all the ingredients I need at my local Safeway, and then I'm all set for the week!
Notes and tips to make skillet chicken and rice
- You can add some shredded mozzarella to the chicken and rice skillet, put the lid on and let it melt right before serving.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- You can make this chicken skillet dish spicier by adding more cayenne pepper to the vegetables.
- You can add other vegetables to this chicken and rice skillet recipe such as peas, corn, jalapenos, or asparagus.
Skillet Chicken and Rice with Veggies
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups brussels sprouts sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 3 cups Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 package Uncle Ben's® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon juice of
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add in carrots and bell pepper, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in brussels sprouts and all the spices. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips and cook for about 3 minutes until the chicken is heated through.
- Prepare Uncle Ben's® Ready Rice® Whole Grain Brown in the microwave according to the packaging.
- Add prepared rice to the skillet and mix well.
- Add in balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
- Serve warm.