Make these delicious Thai Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce for an amazing family-friendly meal. The marinade is the key to these juicy and tasty skewers.
Well hello my friend, good to see you here again!
I've been very good this week. I've been exercising almost everyday, and have worked through my schedule which has helped me a lot with getting things done. It feels like when I write stuff down to do, they just get done quicker than when they're just on my mind. Is it the same for you?
So I'm trying to make as many recipes as I can for the next month as Ramadan is approaching and with all the fasting, I know I won't be able to cook as much and will probably spend the whole month of Ramadan planning the summer recipes and writing posts to publish.
Knowing that Ramadan is coming soon, I'm also trying out new recipes that don't take long to make and can be served with rice and vegetables so that I can make a big batch of brown rice and have it with whatever I have that day for Sahur (the meal before sunrise)
Some quick meal ideas for you:
- Cauliflower potato curry
- 4-ingredient baked honey mustard chicken
- Chicken asparagus stir fry
- Lemon ginger shrimp orzo
These Thai chicken skewers are also going to be on my list of foods to make in Ramadan because they're really simple and you can even cook them in the pan instead of the skewers - whatever works for you. I love this spicy peanut sauce, too. It brings a new layer of flavor to the chicken and goes so well with the rice.
If you prefer, here are some ways that you can customize this Thai chicken skewers recipe:
- Instead of chicken tenders, use cubed chicken breast.
- Cook the chicken on the barbecue instead of the oven
- Serve with noodles instead of brown rice
Enjoy these Thai chicken skewers and see you soon!
Thai Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Chicken and Marinade:
- 8 chicken tenders
- ¼ cup + 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced (or 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder)
- Juice of 2 limes
- ⅛ cup olive oil
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- 4 tablespoon peanut butter
- ¼ cup warm water
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger or ½ teaspoon dry ginger powder
- juice of 1 lime
Chicken and Marinade:
- Whisk all the ingredients except chicken in a bowl, place chicken tenders in the marinade and let it marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the chicken tenders on skewers and place them on the baking sheet. Brush the rest of the marinade on the tenders.
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until chicken is cooked but not dry.
Meanwhile, make the spicy peanut sauce:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and adjust the saltiness by adding more soy sauce.
- Serve Thai chicken skewers with brown rice, broccoli, cherry tomatoes and spicy peanut sauce.