Pumpkin nut bread is an easy bread that you can make in no time. This nut bread recipe is extra flavorful thanks to pumpkin, raisins and different spices. It's also super simple to make.
With all the pumpkin recipes here on Unicorns in the Kitchen, I felt it's time to pull out one of the very first recipes I made and update it. Our baked pumpkin donuts , pumpkin cheesecake bars and Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread are pretty popular now, this easy pumpkin nut bread is definitely a keeper, too.
Why this pumpkin nut bread recipe work?
This delicious pumpkin bread recipe is totally a favorite because:
- It has walnuts and raisins which make every bite extra delicious and chunky.
- It's filled with pumpkin, perfect for fall baking and having with a cup of coffee or tea.
- It has only ¼ cup vegetable oil which means like my healthy pumpkin banana bread, this pumpkin bread is also on the healthier side.
- This pumpkin walnut bread is packed with delicious fall flavors such as pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and ginger.
How to make pumpkin walnut bread?
It's pretty simple to make an homemade pumpkin bread. Start by mixing the dry ingredients such as flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and ginger in a bowl. Set it aside for now as you're going to use it later.
Mix eggs and sugar in a bowl until well combined. Add in the liquids (oil and milk) and keep mixing until fully incorporated. Finally, add in pumpkin puree and cinnamon. Mix and then add the dry ingredients. Mix using a whisk or a wooden spoon and finish with folding in the walnuts and raisins. Then bake in the oven for about an hour and voila, your pumpkin bread with raisins and walnuts is ready!
Can I freeze this pumpkin raisin bread?
Absolutely! This pumpkin walnut bread freezes so well. All you need to do is to wrap this pumpkin bread is a plastic wrap and freeze it. To thaw, place it in the fridge for two to three hours and then bring it to room temperature.
I, for one, love to slice it and then toast a slice in the toaster and have it with some almond butter (I love this dark chocolate coconut almond butter from Bakerita). It's so hard to say no to a delicious, warm and slightly toasted pumpkin nut bread!
Notes and tips to make pumpkin nut bread
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature. This helps the ingredients to mix well and the final result is always better.
- You can use homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree for this pumpkin bread recipe.
- This recipe is not super sweet so if you like it sweeter, increase the amount of granulated sugar from ½ cup to ¾ cup.
- Let the pumpkin walnut bread cool completely before slicing to avoid too many crumbs and have nice slices.
- Store the leftovers in a container for up to three days.
Easy Pumpkin Nut Bread
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup walnut
- ½ cup raisin
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and line with a parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and ginger in a bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar in another bowl until incorporated.
- Add oil and milk to eggs and sugar and mix again.
- Add pumpkin puree and cinnamon, mix well.
- Add the flour and spices to the pumpkin mixture. Mix until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Pour the batter in the loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes and slice when completely cool.