Making a caramel latte at home saves you money and calories. Learn how to make this homemade latte in no time and using just a few ingredients.
We have a slight caramel obsession over here and it has turned into some delicious recipes such as caramel brownies and caramel apple cobbler. This caramel latte is a new favorite that is super simple to make.
An easy caramel latte recipe without an espresso machine
Making lattes at home without brewed espresso or milk frother is a breeze. You can simply use your blender to make frothy milk for your caramel latte. It’s so simple to make this drink at home and you can make it in less than 10 minutes.
I love having specific drinks at home instead of coffee shop because I know exactly what goes into my flavored coffee which helps me avoid empty calories like creamers or overly sweet syrups. A cup of this homemade latte or London fog tea latte in the afternoon is a great option to refresh. Once you see how easy it is to make lattes at home, you won’t go back to pricey drinks again.
How to make a caramel latte
To make this caramel latte, you need one cup of strong coffee. To make that, use more coffee grounds and less water to have a strongly flavored cup of coffee. You will also need milk, caramel sauce (I used homemade caramel sauce) and a little bit of sugar.
Heat cold milk, caramel sauce and sugar over medium heat until bubbles start appearing on the edges and the caramel sauce and sugar have dissolved completely. Transfer the milk and caramel sauce mixture to a blender and blend for about three minutes until it’s frothy. Fill one-third to half of each cup with hot coffee and top with the milk and caramel mixture. Spoon the froth on top and drizzle more caramel sauce if you prefer.
How to make iced caramel latte
It’s very simple to make iced caramel latte at home. Make sure you have some cold brew coffee at hand (here is a recipe to make cold brew coffee at home). Heat milk and caramel sauce over medium heat until the caramel sauce is dissolved in the milk. Cool the mixture at room temperature until it’s not warm anymore. Fill the glasses with ice and the pour in cold brew coffee and the caramel flavored milk. Serve cold.
Notes and tips to make caramel latte at home
- Can I use non-dairy milk to make caramel latte? Absolutely. Follow the same directions to make caramel latte and simply replace dairy milk with almond milk or coconut milk.
- You can use homemade caramel sauce or store bought caramel sauce to make this latte. If using store bought, make sure you have caramel sauce and not caramel syrup.
- You can top your caramel latte with some whipped cream for extra flavor and texture.
- You can make strong coffee with instant coffee and hot water. Simply double the amount of instant coffee that’s instructed on the package.
- To make milk froth, use the soup option on your blender or blend on high for two to three minutes.
Easy Caramel Latte
Making caramel latte at home saves you money and calories. Learn how to make homemade caramel latte in no time and using just a few ingredients.
- 2 cups milk See Notes
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce See Notes
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
In a sauce pan, heat milk, caramel sauce and granulated sugar over medium heat and stir continuously.
Heat the milk until caramel sauce and sugar dissolve completely and you start seeing bubbles around the edges.
Transfer the milk to the blender and blend on soup function or on high for two to three minutes until it's frothy.
Fill 1/3 to 1/2 of each cup with hot strong coffee and fill with frothy milk and caramel sauce.
Top caramel latte with frothy milk.
- You can use whole milk, low fat or non fat milk. You can also use dairy free milk such as almond or coconut milk.
- I used my homemade caramel sauce, you can also use store bought caramel sauce.