Making a caramel latte at home saves you money and calories. Learn how to make this homemade latte in no time and using just a few ingredients.
We have a slight caramel obsession over here and it has turned into some delicious recipes such as chewy caramel, caramel brownies, caramel milkshake and caramel apple cobbler. Today I'm going to show you how to make homemade caramel latte in just a few minutes! So easy and much cheaper than coffee shops!
Table Of Contents:
Why this recipe works
Making lattes at home without brewed espresso or milk frother is a quite easy. You can simply use your blender to make frothy milk and have a delicious latte in less than 10 minutes. It's inexpensive and very easy to make, perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up.
I love having drinks like this at home instead of coffee shop because I know exactly what goes into my flavored coffee which helps me avoid empty calories such as creamers or overly sweet syrups. A cup of this homemade latte or London fog tea latte in the afternoon is a great option to refresh. Once you see how easy it is to make lattes at home, you won't go back to pricey drinks again.
Strong coffee - If you have espresso and a espresso maker, use it for this recipe. However, I made this recipe with strong brewed coffee. To make strong coffee, use more coffee and less water.
Caramel sauce - I used my homemade caramel sauce for this recipe but you can use store-bought.
Milk - My preference is whole milk for this recipe. However, it's possible to use 2% or 1% milk as well. If you'd like to use dairy free milk, my suggestion is almond milk or coconut milk.
Make some strong coffee
To make this caramel latte, you need one cup of strong coffee. To make that, use more coffee grounds and less water to have a strongly flavored cup of coffee. While the coffee is brewing, continue with the remaining steps.
Prepare the milk
Heat cold milk, caramel sauce and sugar over medium heat until bubbles start appearing on the edges and the caramel sauce and sugar have dissolved completely. Transfer the milk and caramel sauce mixture to a blender and blend for about three minutes until it's frothy.
Make the latte
Fill one-third to half of each cup with hot coffee and top with the milk and caramel mixture. Spoon the froth on top and drizzle more caramel sauce if you prefer.
How to make iced caramel latte
Make sure you have some cold brew coffee at hand. Heat milk and caramel sauce over medium heat until the caramel sauce is dissolved in the milk. Cool the mixture at room temperature until it's not warm anymore. Fill the glasses with ice and the pour in cold brew coffee and the caramel flavored milk. Serve cold.
Notes and tips
- Can I use non-dairy milk to make this recipe? Absolutely. Follow the same directions to make as mentioned and simply replace dairy milk with almond milk or coconut milk.
- You can use homemade caramel sauce or store bought caramel sauce to make this latte. If using store bought, make sure you have caramel sauce and not caramel syrup.
- You can top your latte with some whipped cream for extra flavor and texture.
- It's possible to make strong coffee with instant coffee and hot water. Simply double the amount of instant coffee that's instructed on the package.
- To make milk froth, use the soup option on your blender or blend on high for two to three minutes.
More Caramel Recipes
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Easy Caramel Latte
- 2 cups milk See Notes
- ¼ cup caramel sauce See Notes
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- In a sauce pan, heat milk, caramel sauce and granulated sugar over medium heat and stir continuously.
- Heat the milk until caramel sauce and sugar dissolve completely and you start seeing bubbles around the edges.
- Transfer the milk to the blender and blend on soup function or on high for two to three minutes until it's frothy.
- Fill ⅓ to ½ of each cup with hot strong coffee and fill with frothy milk and caramel sauce.
- Top caramel latte with frothy milk.
- You can use whole milk, low fat or non fat milk. You can also use dairy free milk such as almond or coconut milk.
- I used my homemade caramel sauce, you can also use store bought caramel sauce.