Flourless brownies are rich and fudgy, and require only six ingredients! These flourless brownies are naturally gluten free and super moist!
Brownie lovers, rejoice! You can find so many awesome brownies here: from quick and easy brownies to oreo brownies and s’mores brownies, we’ve got you covered! And for those of you who are looking for a flourless chocolate dessert, this gluten free brownie recipe is a keeper!
Why this flourless brownie recipe works
Flourless chocolate brownies are pure goodness. Imagine bites of brownies that are rich, fudgy and gooey. They melt in your mouth and leave you wanting more. These brownies are super soft and moist yet easy to cut. They hold their shape pretty well and have a crackly top. In other words, basically a chocolate lover’s dream come true!
What I love the most about these easy flourless brownies is that you can make them with only six ingredients and none of them are difficult to find, which makes this an ideal midnight snack when you’re craving chocolate.
Are flourless brownies gluten free?
Yes! Since there’s no flour in these brownies, they’re considered gluten free. The combination of cocoa powder and chocolate make these brownies intense and rich yet soft and fudgy.
Flourless chocolate brownies ingredients
To make brownies without flour, you need the following ingredients:
- Unsalted butter or margarine
- Brown sugar and granulated sugar
- Chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder
How to make flourless brownies
Preheat the oven and coat the baking pan with a nonstick spray. Line the baking pan with a parchment paper and set it aside. In a sauce pan, melt butter, chocolate and sugar over medium heat until they’re completely melted and combined. Let the mixture cool for a few minute and then beat in the eggs one at a time. Add in vanilla and cocoa powder and mix well. Transfer the batter into the pan and bake for about 25 minutes.
How do you know when the brownies are done?
The top of the brownies will be completely set when they’re done and if you insert a toothpick in the middle of the brownie, it’ll come out with a few to no crumbs.
Notes and tips for this recipe:
- You can use margarine instead of unsalted butter to make these brownies. There will be no change in the texture or flavor.
- Melt the butter, sugars and chocolate in a sauce pan over medium heat and don’t use a microwave to melt the ingredients. Sometimes, melting in the microwave will make the chocolate grainy and the sugar might not dissolve completely.
- Make sure you’re using a brand of chocolate chips that you love and trust. If you have a favorite chocolate bar brand such as Lindt or Ghirardelli, use it!
- Make sure all the ingredients are well mixed. Since this flourless brownie recipe has no leavening agent such as baking powder, overmixing won’t cause a problem.
- Don’t over bake the brownies otherwise they will be hard and grainy.
- Want to go over the top? Frost these brownies with this easy chocolate frosting!
Make sure you check out our other brownie recipes!
- Caramel brownies recipe
- Snickers stuffed brownies
- Pumpkin pie brownies
- Peppermint brownies
- Chocolate brownie in a mug
- Peanut butter brownies
Best Flourless Brownies Recipe
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat an 8x8 baking pan with non stick spray and line with a parchment paper.
- Place butter, sugar and chocolate in a pan over medium heat until all melted. Let cool for a minute.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time using an electric mixer (this is important). Beat very well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Transfer the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan. Pound the pan on the counter twice.
- Bake in the heated oven for 25 minutes until the top is crackled.
- It's possible to use margarine instead of unsalted butter to make these brownies. There will be no change in the texture or flavor.
- It's best to melt the butter, sugars and chocolate in a sauce pan over medium heat and not to use a microwave to melt the ingredients. Sometimes, melting in the microwave will make the chocolate grainy and the sugar might not dissolve completely.
- Make sure you're using a brand of chocolate chips that you love and trust.
- Make sure all the ingredients are well mixed. Since this flourless brownie recipe has no leavening agent such as baking powder, overmixing won't cause a problem.
- Don't over bake the brownies otherwise they will be hard and grainy.
- Want to go over the top? Frost these brownies homemade or store-bought chocolate frosting!