This one pan 5-ingredient chicken skillet is perfect for weeknight dinners as it comes together in 30 minutes. The final addition of pepper rings gives a bold flavor to the dish!
How satisfying it is when you know a recipe is asking for ONLY 5 ingredients?
I love fancy cooking and I cannot lie. But I know many of you don’t work as food bloggers (therefore no need to spend your whole day in the kitchen, experimenting) or you just don’t like to be in the kitchen for so long . That happens to me, too. And on those days, I sure make food that comes together in no time such as sriracha lime shrimp lettuce wraps, 30 minute honey sesame chicken and turkey meatball curry. This one pan 5-ingredient chicken skillet is one of my favorites because it’s so easy to put together and it takes 30 minutes from start to finish.
The five ingredients you need are: potatoes, chicken, red bell pepper, mozzarella cheese and Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings. These are all you need to make this one pan chicken skillet.
To give this chicken and potato skillet a nice kick, I topped the chicken skillet with mild peppers which gave it a great flavor that was perfect for us. As this one pan 5-ingredient chicken skillet is quite mild, the addition of Mezzetta peppers give the right amount of spiciness which takes the whole dish to the next level!
More chicken recipes:
This one pan 5-ingredient chicken skillet is just so easy to make, it comes to the rescue whenever you are in one of those situations that you don’t know what to make next! You will love every bite of it! And if you like it a little spicier than what it is already, just add more Mezzetta pepper rings!
More one pan recipes for you:
- One Pan Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- One Pan Cheesy Chicken Taco Rice
- One pan Mediterranean rice
- One Pan Jambalaya Pasta
- Juicy One Pan Meatballs
One pan 5-Ingredient Chicken Skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper rings
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the potatoes until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. Take the potatoes out of the pan and into a plate, set aside.
- In the same pan, heat a little bit of olive oil and saute chicken breast until golden brown. Add in red pepper chunks and cook for 5 minutes. Add in cooked potatoes and mix everything. Add Salt and pepper, stir well until combined.
- Add mozzarella cheese, cover for 2 -3 minutes until melted. Turn the heat off.
- Place the pepper rings on the chicken skillet right before serving.