This post has been sponsored by McCormick®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Today's recipe is simple yet delicious: honey balsamic chicken and veggies in one sheet pan. The chicken is tender and the vegetables are flavorful, perfect for a quick dinner!
If you're looking for an easy sheet pan dinner, you're in the right place. This sheet pan chicken with honey balsamic glaze and seasoned veggies comes together in no time. Consider serving it with a Mediterranean salad or some brown rice.
Why this honey balsamic chicken recipe works
Sheet pan dinners such as Mediterranean chicken and baked salmon are known to be hassle-free and delicious. This honey balsamic chicken recipe made in a sheet pan is no exception. There are a few reasons to love this recipe:
- Simple and easy: This recipe is so easy and requires minimal hands-on time. Just chop the veggies, make the honey balsamic mixture and bake in the oven!
- Quick: It takes about 30 to 35 minutes to make this dish at home, 25 minutes of which is the baking time.
- Flavors, FLAVORS: The combination of honey, balsamic, and McCormick® Farmer’s Market Chicken & Vegetable One Sheet Pan Seasoning Mix that I got at my local Safeway gives so much flavor to the chicken and veggies.
- Clean up: When everything is prepared and cooked on one sheet pan, cleaning up is a breeze.
A few tips before you start
- Try to use quality balsamic vinegar. It doesn't need to be super expensive, but make sure it's good quality. I always try to make sure that I get Balsamic vinegar of Modena, which is a region in Italy that's popular for its balsamic. Quality balsamic should offer a mellow tartness and not strong acidity.
- If you want to make cleaning even easier, line the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Make sure every piece of chicken is very well coated with the honey balsamic mixture.
To make this recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- Chicken: I used boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe, but you can also use boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Balsamic vinegar: This would give a sweet and tangy flavor to the chicken.
- Honey: Honey goes so well with balsamic and enhances the sweetness without overpowering.
- Olive oil: We use half of the olive oil for the chicken and half for the vegetables.
- Garlic: Always use some garlic, you won't regret it!
- McCormick Farmer’s Market Chicken & Vegetable One Sheet Pan Seasoning Mix: This seasoning has so much flavor and makes the dish so delicious. It's such a convenient seasoning mix for weeknight dinners. I used half of the packet for the chicken and the other half for the veggies.
- Peppers: You can use colorful bell peppers or mini peppers. If you like spicy, throw a couple of jalapeños in the mix.
- Onion: When roasted, onions become pleasantly sweet.
- Zucchini: Or any other kind of squash that you prefer.
- Eggplant: You can use globe eggplant (cut into smaller chunks), Italian eggplant or graffiti eggplant.
You can also use McCormick Chicken Taco Seasoning mix. It gives the dish a new flavor. I got all my ingredients at my local Safeway. You can find the McCormick spices in the condiments, sauces and spices aisle. You can also use the app to see what's new and order online! It's always so easy and convenient for us to shop at Safeway.
How to make sheet pan honey balsamic chicken
Prepare the chicken
Preheat the oven to 425°F and coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl mix balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, garlic and half of the McCormick seasoning. Place the chicken in the bowl and using a pair of tongs, move the chicken around to make sure it's well coated with the honey-balsamic mixture. Place the chicken on the baking sheet.
Season the vegetables
Chop the vegetables and place them in a bowl. Add the rest of the seasoning with some olive oil and mix well. Transfer the vegetables to the baking sheet with the chicken.
Bake in the oven
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tender. Let sit for about 5 minutes and then serve.
Serving suggestions for honey balsamic chicken
Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken
- 2 lb chicken thighs boneless skinless
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 pack McCormick® Farmer’s Market Chicken & Vegetable One Sheet Pan Seasoning Mix
- 6 mini peppers
- 1 onion cut into large chunks
- 1 zucchini cut into chunks
- 1 Italian eggplant cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil half of the McCormick® Farmer’s Market Chicken & Vegetable One Sheet Pan Seasoning Mix. Add the chicken to this mixture and make sure every piece is well coated. Place the chicken pieces on the baking sheet.
- Mix the vegetables with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the rest of the McCormick® Farmer’s Market Chicken & Vegetable One Sheet Pan Seasoning Mix. Add the vegetables to the baking sheet as well.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- You can also use boneless skinless chicken breast for this recipe.
- You can use green or red bell pepper instead of mini peppers.