This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #FieldToBottle #CollectiveBias
This Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich is packed with flavors and is perfect for a pack and go weekday lunch. The flavors in this sandwich are unique and so hard to resist!
Who loves pineapple in savory food?
It’s been like a forever on going argument I see on the internet: Pineapple on pizza, yay or nay? For me, of course, yay! I love pineapple in savory dishes like fried rice or sandwiches. Now, if you love pineapple and are also a big fan of spicy food, you will love today’s post because I’m going to show you how to make a hot Hawaiian sandwich!
This simple chicken sandwich is made with grilled pineapple and chicken and is simply seasoned with salt. But hey, where is all the flavor? Let me tell you. All the flavor is in the sauce! I used El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero to make this recipe and it just took it to a whole new level.
Don’t forget to participate in the sweepstakes to win exciting prices that will help you discover new places!
El Yucateco®’s ingredients come from Field to Bottle. It includes no artificial colors, but the same great taste that makes it the King of Flavor since 1968, that’s why it’s the #1 consumer choice. It’s is a fun brand that people love to consume and carry it in their purses, to camping or barbecue!
El Yucateco® is all about “Go Native” – celebrating all the ways people enjoy nature, outdoors, friends and family which makes El Yucateco® perfect for taking into your everyday adventure. When I made these grilled chicken sandwiches, I used El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero while cooking and also threw it in my purse to add some more to my sandwich when I’m having it by the river on that sunny beautiful day. It was so much fun!
Notes and tips to make this Hawaiian chicken sandwich:
- Add El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero to the chicken towards the end of cooking so the flavor is bold.
- You can use any type of bread you like. I used traditional burger buns.
- Grill the pineapples beforehand so they are juicier and sweeter. You can grill them on a grill pan or an outdoor grill.
- As the sauce is packed with flavor, you won’t need to add any spices.
- Raw red onions give a very nice texture and flavor to this sandwich try not to leave them out.
Looking for more delicious recipes?
- 5-ingredient Turkey Swiss Sliders
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Strips
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry
- Pomegranate Pineapple Chicken
- Asian Chicken Sliders
- Grilled Cheese Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
- Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for more food goodness!
- Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!
- I got El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero and El Yucateco® XXX Hot Kutbil-ik from a Hispanic store in Boston area. You can also find it at many stores including Walmart, Publix, Meijer, etc.