Meatball Orzo Casserole is a delicious option for your weeknight dinner. This casserole is made in one dish with all the ingredients you already have in your kitchen!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cooked Perfect® Meatballs. All opinions are 100% mine.
My favorite type of dinner? Family friendly, easy dinner!
How do you like your dinner to be? I like dinners to be really family friendly and easy to make. I like them to be full of flavor. Here are some of my favorite family friendly dinner recipes:
- Chicken Chorizo Rice Skillet
- Easy Caprese Gnocchi
- Easy Spicy Shrimp Marinara Linguine
- Meatball Sub Pizza
- Lemon Ginger Shrimp Orzo
Today, I'm going to show you how to make Meatball orzo casserole using Cooked Perfect® Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken Meatballs. This is one of my favorite meals because it's very versatile and requires minimal effort.
Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs are fully cooked and come in four unique flavors: Italian Style Beef & Pork, Korean BBQ Beef & Pork, Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken, and Italian Style with Parmesan & Mozzarella Chicken Meatballs. They are packed in a convenient microwaveable steam pouch that you can heat in just minutes, though I used the oven for this recipe.
Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs are all made with select meat, real cheese and savory herbs; there are no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. They're flame broiled and therefore, once heated, you will have these perfect juicy meatballs full of flavor.
To make this delicious meatball orzo casserole, you need Cooked Perfect Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken Meatballs, orzo, pasta sauce, green peas and cheese. you just need to mix everything in your casserole dish, then bake it until orzo is fully cooked.
Then top it with cheese until it's all bubbly and melted. And then you will have this dish of comfort food that makes everyone happy and smiley! We love this meatball orzo casserole because:
- It's just so simple to make. Mixing a few ingredients and then let the oven do the rest of the job, that's real comfort!
- Pasta, I love orzo, it mixes so well with pasta sauce and goes perfect with the meatballs.
- Leftovers: The leftovers of this casserole taste just as good when reheated (perhaps even better!)
Another thing that I love about this casserole is the versatility. Here are some changes you could make to this meatball orzo casserole:
- Use farfalle or macaroni instead or orzo if that's what you have available.
- Use green bell pepper instead of/in addition to green peas.
- Use store bought or homemade marinara sauce.
Meatball Orzo Casserole
- 1 ½ cup uncooked orzo
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 pack Cooked Perfect Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken Meatballs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat an oven safe casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Place orzo, marinara sauce, green peas and salt and pepper in the casserole dish, mix using a spoon.
- Add in water and stir.
- Cover the dish with a piece of aluminum foil and bake in the oven 25 minutes.
- Uncover, add Cooked Perfect Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken Meatballs and if needed, add some more water (⅓ - ½ cup).
- Cover and bake for 20 more minutes until orzo is fully cooked.
- Uncover, sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top, bake or broil until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.