Celebrate fall with this pumpkin pie almond oatmeal that is easy and healthy. You can make it on the stove or in the microwave, and adding the almonds will give it a great crunch!
There. My first pumpkin recipe of 2016!
We are still unpacking boxes, ordering new furniture and kitchen appliances, and we still have a lot to do. But hey, it’s our sweet home, and everything we do for it makes us very happy.
Am I late for the pumpkin party? Maybe by a week or so. But I must tell you I still don’t feel like fall is here. For me, fall starts on September 22nd, but when I see all the pumpkin craze around – I’m looking at you, Starbucks – I feel the need to have something pumpkin flavored. I started quite late last year, but this year I’m on track. I would like to enter the pumpkin party with one of my favorite meals of the day, breakfast. We like to have oatmeal for breakfast but we like it flavored, like this overnight oatmeal or my super duper tasty Nutella Cocoa Oatmeal.
So, pumpkin pie almond oatmeal is here. It’s so easy to make and has a few ingredients:
- Quick oatmeal: I used quick oatmeal as that was what I had at hand. Feel free to use old fashioned if that’s what you prefer, although the cooking time will increase.
- Almond milk: I’m obsessed with the creaminess of almond milk.
- Almond butter: Sorry not sorry. Obsessed.
- Chopped almonds: Is it very obvious that I LOVE almonds?
- And, of course, pumpkin puree. Not pumpkin pie filling, pumpkin puree.
- Maple syrup: I love everything with maple syrup!
I like to top this pumpkin pie almond oatmeal with whole almonds, chia seeds, flax seeds, and some more maple syrup. It makes a complete breakfast with minimal effort and you can just take it to work and microwave it if you like.
Or if it’s a weekend, or any other time that you are home, having a bowl of this mildly sweet pumpkin pie oatmeal filled with crunchy almonds on a rainy fall day with a warm cup of tea will definitely bring comfort and happiness to you, as it does to us!
And here is a video for you!
Pumpkin Pie Almon OatmealWho said you can’t have pumpkin pie for breakfast? 😀
Posted by Unicorns in the kitchen on Monday, September 5, 2016
Pumpkin Pie Almond Oatmeal
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- Chia seeds and flax seeds to top
Mix quick oatmeal and almond milk in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes until fully cooked.
Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice , chopped almonds, almond butter and 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
Pour cooked oatmeal in two bowls and top with whole almonds, chia seeds, flax seeds and one tablespoon maple syrup.
Looking for more deliciousness?