Ready in 10 minutes, this creamy whipped feta dip is super easy and tasty. Top with walnuts and serve with pita for a unique mezze at any gathering! Follow along to learn about which feta to select and how to make the best feta dip ever!
We love a good appetizer and this whipped feta dip is a favorite without any doubt. Feta is so versatile and you can use it in a variety of ways. From adding it to Greek salad and making marinated feta to delicious baked feta with honey and zaatar, there's so much you can do with a block of feta! Read on to see how we turn it to a creamy and rich dip in just a few minutes' time!
Table Of Contents:
About This Recipe
If you've never tried a whipped cheese dip, now is the time. We have already talked about whipped ricotta dip and now it's time for me to show you how to make whipped feta dip. This is an easy dip that's ready in 10 minutes using a handful of ingredients that are similar to Tirokafteri (Greek feta dip). It's creamy and rich, with a slight tangy flavor from the feta and a nice hint of earthiness from the dried herbs. The addition of walnuts to the topping gives it a nice crunch and makes this a quick feta dip that you can enjoy any time of the year.
Ingredients And Substitutions
- Feta: Choose the best block of feta you can find. Avoid using crumbled feta since it won't give you the right texture.
- Yogurt: I love using whole milk and plain yogurt for this recipe, but you can also use low-fat or non-fat yogurt.
- Spices: A combination of dried basil, oregano and dill with a pinch of black pepper is all you need.
- Olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil works best for this recipe.
How To Make Whipped Feta Dip
- Place the feta, yogurt, spices and olive oil in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Blend for a minute, scrape the sides and then blend again for a minute or two until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and smoothen the dip using the back of a spoon.
- Top with Aleppo pepper, olive oil and chopped walnuts.
Tips And Tricks For The Best Whipped Feta Dip
- Use quality feta: Your dip is going to be as good as the feta you're using. Be sure to use a block of feta as opposed to crumbled feta and get the best feta you can. I usually get mine from Mediterranean or Middle Eastern shops. If you're shopping somewhere with open feta behind the counter, don't hesitate to ask for samples!
- Scrape the bowl: After blending for a minute, scrape the sides of the bowl using a spatula. This would ensure that the feta dip is smooth and there are no chunks left.
- Toppings: The addition of olive oil, Aleppo pepper and walnuts make this dip special. Don't skip them!
- Top with other nuts including chopped pistachios or toasted pine nuts.
- Drizzle some honey or hot honey on the whipped feta for a touch of sweetness.
- Use other spices including cumin or coriander if desired.
- Add lemon zest and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to the dip while blending to give it a tangy flavor.
I love a versatile recipe, and this dip is definitely one of them. Here are a few suggestions for you to try:
- Have this whipped feta dip on its own or as part of a mezze platter with hummus, dolmas and vegetables such as peppers, cucumbers and radishes. I love serving it with pita bread, pita chips or lavash for a complete spread.
- Spread it on toasted bread for breakfast, quick lunch or a snack.
- Serve it alongside roasted vegetables, grilled vegetables, roasted butternut squash or brussel sprouts.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can make this dip up to 1 day in advance without the toppings. Give it a good stir, transfer it to the serving bowl and top it with the olive oil, Aleppo pepper and walnuts.
I don't recommend freezing whipped feta because it will crystalize and the texture will be grainy.
You can store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Give it a good stir before serving and add more olive oil to freshen it.
If your dip ended up being too thin, add more feta and blend again to thicken it.
More Delicious Dips To Try
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Best Whipped Feta Dip Recipe
- 8 oz feta cheese see notes
- ½ cup plain yogurt see notes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Aleppo pepper see notes
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Place the feta, yogurt, garlic, dill, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and olive oil in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Blend for a minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer to a small serving bowl or plate and smoothen the top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with Aleppo pepper and walnuts.
- You can make this dip up to a day in advance without the toppings. Give it a good stir and top with the olive oil, Aleppo pepper and walnuts right before serving.
- Choose a quality block of feta to make this dip and not crumbled feta. I usually get my feta from our local Mediterranean or Middle Eastern store.
- You can use any kind of yogurt including whole milk, low-fat or non-fat for this recipe.
- I don't recommend using fresh herbs instead of dried to make this feta dip.
- If Aleppo pepper is not available, use ¼ teaspoon chili pepper flakes.
- Serve whipped feta dip with pita bread, pita chips, lavash or vegetables such as radishes, carrots, celery, sweet peppers or cucumbers.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Give it a good stir before serving.
So good !!
I was lazy and used zataar as spice-herbs-mix and it was delicious!
Thank you !
I love whipped feta and I can't wait to try this! Thanks for the recipe!
This was delish! Light and creamy, with a mild flavor - yum!
This looks like a great dip for the next gathering that I host! I love eating different types of specialty crackers, and this feta dip would pair well with those.
This is the best dip I've made in a while! So light, refreshing and perfect for summer snacking! Thanks so much for the delicious recipe- I can't wait to make more.
dina and bruce miller
Wow! a flavor explosion! Sooooooo good with veggies!
We really enjoyed this creamy whipped feta dip, so easy and delicious recipe. Thanks for sharing
I made this whipped feta for a party over the weekend and it was so easy! Creamy and delicious too!
I love that this creamy and yummy feta dip can be made in just ten minutes. Talk about easy! This makes a great appetizer when put out with a tray of fresh veggies or pita chips.
I served this with raw veggies and pita and it was a huge hit! I love the salty flavor of the feta!
This dip is so delicious with some vegetables!
This whipped feta is great for anything. I use it for dipping and then also add it to some greek chicken burgers I make. So delicious!
Delicious! One of my favorite things to have on hand for parties or even just for when my kids get home from school as a snack!
LOVE whipped feta and the walnuts on top are sheer genius! Yum!
Big fan of feta. Not only was this so simple to make but also incredibly tasty!