Oven roasted brussel sprouts are easy to make and ready in 20 minutes. Crispy brussel sprouts roasted in the oven with lemon and garlic make a great side dish.
Roasted vegetables are the perfect addition to any meal. Ratatouille is a popular dish that you can make with roasted vegetables and our Mediterranean roasted vegetables make a great side dish. You can also make roasted vegetable pasta which is an easy weeknight recipe. This oven roasted brussel sprouts is one of our favorite side dishes that we serve with roasted chicken or grilled meat.
A great side dish recipe for any occasion
These roasted brussel sprouts are so good that they vanish the moment they arrive at the table. They make a great side dish for grilled meat or any other main dishes and are packed with so much flavor. The addition of coriander and garlic make this side dish so addictive and tasty.
What I love the most about these lemon garlic roasted brussel sprouts is the crispy and browned exterior of the veggies and the tender inside. Make these fresh and bring them to the table straight out of the oven to wow everyone. I always serve my oven roasted brussel sprouts with some dipping sauce.
You want the brussel sprouts to be brown and crispy on the edges and tender on the inside.
How to select good brussel sprouts
Brussel sprouts grow on a long thick stalk and you can usually find then still attached to the stalk at the farmers market. However, in supermarkets, they are usually piled up in a bin in the refrigerated vegetable section. To find the best brussel sprouts, you should look for ones that are light green and small with no yellowing. Make sure the ones you get are not too small otherwise it would be hard to cut them.
How to trim brussel sprouts
When it comes to roasting brussel sprouts, there is always one question: should I trim brussel sprouts?
If they are small, you don’t need to trim them and simply leave them whole. However, if they are large, cut the stem end and halve them to make sure they cook completely. If some leaves fall off, it’s totally okay.
How to make crispy oven roasted brussel sprouts
The most important thing about making oven roasted brussel sprouts is the oven heat. High heat helps vegetable to be crispy and not soft. So first, preheat your oven to 400°F. Meanwhile, trim the brussel sprouts if needed and place them in a bowl. Toss them with olive oil, lemon juice, lots of garlic, salt, pepper and coriander. Make sure every piece is covered in olive oil since that will make the brussel sprouts crispy.
Transfer the brussel sprouts to a baking sheet. Now here is an extra step: Flip the brussel sprouts so the cut side is down. This will give you the maximum crispiness on each piece. This is an optional step that would make this roasted brussel sprouts recipe a winner at any table!
How long to roast brussel sprouts
Roasting them at 400°F, it usually takes about 20 minutes to roast brussel sprouts. However, after 20 minutes, check the biggest piece to make sure it’s crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
What to use for dipping?
What to serve garlic roasted brussel sprouts with
Roasted brussel sprouts make a great side dish for many dishes. We usually serve them with grilled chicken wings, garlic lemon shrimp and Mediterranean chicken. This side dish would also go well with a festive roasted leg of lamb. Everyone loves these tasty brussel sprouts, even the ones who aren’t big fan of veggies!
Can I make roasted brussel sprouts in advance
It’s best to have these easy roasted brussel sprouts fresh and right out of the oven when they’re warm and crispy. So I don’t suggest you make them ahead of time if you want them crispy. If the crispiness doesn’t matter to you, you can make a big batch and add them in your salads, rice dishes or with your morning eggs.
Can I reheat roasted brussel sprouts?
It’s best to make roasted brussel sprouts fresh. However, if you have leftovers and would like to have them warm and crispy again, you can use two methods to reheat them:
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 280°F and place a baking sheet in the oven. Once the oven is hot, place the roasted brussel sprouts on the baking sheet (careful, it’s hot) and heat in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pan: Pan roasted brussel sprouts are so tasty. All you need to do is to heat one teaspoon olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Once the skillet is warm, heat the brussel sprouts in the pan for a few minutes until they’re warm and crispy.
Notes and tips to make roasted brussel sprouts recipe
- Make sure the oven temperature is high. The high temperature makes the brussel sprouts super crispy edges.
- Use the right amount of olive oil to make these oven roasted brussel sprouts. The right amount of oil is necessary to caramelize the sprouts.
- If you have a micro blade, add in the lemon zest to the brussel sprouts as well.
- Can I use frozen brussel sprouts? You can. If using frozen brussel sprouts, thaw them and pat dry them completely. Then roast them for about 35 minutes instead of 20 minutes.
- You can make a big batch of this roasted brussel sprouts and add it to different dishes such as omelets, salads or rice.
Looking for more tasty side dishes?
Garlic Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Oven roasted brussel sprouts are easy and ready in 20 minutes. Crispy brussel sprouts roasted in the oven with lemon and garlic make a great side dish.
- 1 lb brussel sprouts See notes
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp coriander
Yogurt tahini sauce
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Prepare the brussel sprouts by trimming them (if needed) and place them in a bowl.
Add in the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, minced garlic, salt, pepper and coriander. Stir well to combine. Make sure every brussel sprout is coated with olive oil.
Transfer them to a clean baking sheet. If you have time, flip them so the cut side is down. This will make the roasted brussel sprouts crispier.
Roast the brussel sprouts in the oven for 20 minutes.
Serve warm with the yogurt tahini sauce.
Yogurt tahini sauce
In a small bowl mix together the yogurt, tahini, salt, lemon juice and water. Add more water if you would like the sauce to be thinner.
- If the brussel sprouts are small, there is no need to trim them. If they are large, please cut off the stem and cut them in half. Some leaves might separate and that's okay.