This cheesy rosemary garlic monkey bread is so easy to make, you will want to make it everyday. Buttery and cheesy monkey bread is the best party food!
If you love garlicky appetizers, you’re going to love this garlic monkey bread. Make sure to also check out our best roasted garlic dip, garlic butter mashed potatoes and rosemary garlic crackers. These easy appetizers are perfect for parties and gatherings.
If there was one bread I could eat for the rest of my life, it would be this cheesy rosemary garlic monkey bread.
Cheesy monkey bread with garlic butter
What I love about monkey bread is that you can make it in so many different flavors. Sweet or savory, this soft bread is everyone’s favorite and always a showstopper.
Each piece of this garlic monkey bread is stuffed with a piece of mozzarella cheese. Once you bite into the bread, you’re going to taste melted mozzarella and it’s the best thing ever. We have carbs and cheese and butter here in this recipe so I think we can all agree that this is the best party dish ever?
And this is not my first time doing this, I’ve also made this amazing Easy Garlic Cheese Pull Apart Bread, there’s just something about this combo that makes us all get so excited!
Ingredients to make garlic rosemary bread
I made this garlic monkey bread from scratch meaning I didn’t use refrigerated biscuit dough. For the dough, you need the following ingredients:
- All purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Salt and instant active dry yeast
Now on to the delicious additions to make this the best garlic monkey bread ever. You need some mozzarella cheese, butter, tons of garlic, rosemary and some parsley.
How to make garlic monkey bread from scratch
- Start by mixing the dry ingredients for the dough in a large bowl or a bowl of a stand mixer.
- In a sauce pan, mix water, milk and the butter and heat until the butter is melted. Whisk in the egg into the butter mixture and pour it into the dry ingredients.
- Mix well and knead the dough until it’s not sticky and you can form it into a ball.
- Let the dough rose for 10 minutes and meanwhile, coat a bundt pan using a non stick spray.
- Melt the butter and mix it with garlic, chopped rosemary and parsley. Cut the mozzarella ball into 40 small pieces.
- Cut the dough into 4 piece and cut each piece into 10 pieces so you have 10 pieces.
- Flatten a piece of dough with your fingers and place a piece of mozzarella in the middle, roll the dough back into a ball and put it aside.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and mozzarella pieces.
- Place half of the balls in a gallon size ziploc bag and pour half of the butter mixture into bag. Shake the bag well so all the pieces are coated in garlic and butter. Transfer them to the greased bundt pan.
- Repeat with the remaining dough balls and garlic butter mixture.
- Let the monkey bread dough rise for another 40 minutes until doubled in size.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes and serve with some marinara sauce.
How to make cheesy bread with refrigerated biscuit dough
It’s very simple to make monkey bread using biscuit dough. Simply cut each piece into 4 pieces and stuff each piece with mozzarella pieces. Place the dough balls in the ziploc bag with butter and garlic. Transfer all the dough balls to the budnt pan and bake immediately at 350F.
Want to make parmesan garlic monkey bread? Simply roll each dough ball in grated parmesan after rolling in butter and garlic and proceed with the recipe.
What can I serve with savory bread?
This rosemary monkey bread is a great side dish or appetizer and you can serve it with different dishes such as Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Strips, Barbecue Chicken English Muffin Pizza or One Pan 5-Ingredient Chicken Skillet.
This bread is just so easy to make and if you follow the steps, you will have a cheesy rosemary garlic monkey bread that is so soft and flavorful, you wouldn’t be able to share it with others! You can actually leave the cheese out and make it plain, but take this advice from me, once you bite into the melted cheese, all the good things in the food world will be yours!
If you’re looking for more garlic bread ideas, check these out:
Cheesy Rosemary Garlic Monkey Bread with Marinara Sauce
This cheesy rosemary garlic monkey bread is so easy to make, you will want to make it everyday. Buttery garlic monkey bread is the best party food!
- 3-33/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 packet instant active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese cubed
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Mezzetta Caramelized Onion and Butter Marinara Sauce
Mix 2 cups of flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a bowl
In a sauce pan, have the butter, milk and water on medium heat until the butter is almost melted.
Mix the egg into the milk mixture.
Add the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined
Add one more cup of flour and a bit more so the dough forms into a ball
Knead for 7 minutes. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
Grease a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
Coating: Melt the butter and mix in rosemary, garlic and parsley.
Take the dough out and divide it into 4 pieces and each piece into 10 pieces so in total you will have 40 pieces of dough.
Take one dough ball, flatten it with your fingers and place a mozzarella cube in the middle of it, roll the dough again and make it into a ball. repeat with the remaining dough balls and mozzarella cubes.
Put the 8 dough balls in a ziploc bag and pour 1 - 2 tablespoons melted butter mixture on them, seal the bag and toss the balls with butter until they are coated. Repeat with the remaining dough balls and butter.
Place each piece of dough in the bundt cake pan until the pan is full.
Cover the pan with a towel and let it rest for 40 minutes until doubled in size.
Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F.
Put the pan in the oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes until the top is dark golden brown.
When you take it out of oven let it sit for 7 minutes and then invert it into a plate.
Serve it with Mezzetta Caramelized Onion and Butter Marinara Sauce.
This post is sponsored by Mezzetta.