Turn a loved old classic into something exciting! These Gooey Rice Krispie Treats are soft and delicious - and the gummies on top give them an extra layer of flavor and texture.
This post is sponsored by Sweetarts. All opinions are mine as always. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Unicorns in the Kitchen!
Here is a tiny confession: I didn't know what rice krispie treats are until three years ago! (Gasp)
Don't judge me, rice krispies are not a "thing" in the Middle East. I first learned and heard about it three years ago when Kyle and I were talking about snacks in Iran and the US. He told me that rice krispie treats are very famous in the US and many kids have grown up eating them but he really doesn't like them much.
I grew up in a household where "not liking something" wasn't really an option. My maman would never make a separate food for my brother and I just because we didn't feel like eating what she had already made. So, we grew up liking every kind of food. Kyle, on the other hand, can sometimes be specific about what he likes and what he doesn't, which doesn't really bug me because homemade food always tastes best and he ends up liking whatever I make - or does he?
Kidding. Of course he does. (I sincerely hope.)
Anyway, for the second day of recipes made with Sweetarts, I decided to make these gooey rice krispie treats because they are so delicious! And they are fun to eat, they're all gooey and crunchy and they just make me so happy! I used a special edition of Sweetarts gummies made in honor of Ohio State University this football season. Look at how cute the Buckeye mascot is!
These gooey rice krispie treats are so easy to make. Honestly, if everyone knew how easy these are to make, no one would ever bother to buy the pre-packaged ones. They're that easy:
- Melt butter and marshmallow.
- Add rice krispies and mix.
- Pour into a pan and let cool.
- Cut and enjoy!
No, seriously. It's this easy. The only thing you need to know is to spray one hand with some cooking spray so the treats won't stick to your hand while you're pressing the mixture in the pan.
And that's basically it! You can make some gooey rice krispie treats for your next party and take everyone back to their good old days!
Gooey Rice Krispie Treats with Gummies
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 7 oz marshmallow I used mini
- 4 cups rice krispies
- Sweetarts gummies to top the treats with
- cover an 8X8 cake pan with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in a large pan over low heat.
- Once melted, add marshmallows and stir slowly until they're melted.
- Turn the heat off, add rice krispies and stir until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, spray one hand with cooking spray and press the mixture in the pan.
- With the end of a small spoon, made small indentations on the mixture and press the gummies in.
- Let the rice krispie treats cool, then cut them with a sharp knife.
Looking for more deliciousness?