If you love dips and spreads, today's recipe is right up your alley! From hummus and baba ganoush to melitzanosalata and labneh, dips are always a great addition to a table! Today I'm going to show you how to make this delicious green dip made with avocados and nuts!
Table Of Contents:
About this recipe
I like dips to be full of flavor and this avocado dip is no exception. If you love avocado, you've got to try my pomegranate guacamole, it's so tasty!
This creamy green dip has a nice nutty flavor thanks to walnuts and pistachios that goes well with the creaminess of the avocados. This dip is best served fresh since avocados might turn brown after a while.
- Avocados: Make sure your avocados are perfectly ripe. To see if the avocado is ripe, take off the brown cap on top, if it's green under the cap, the avocado is ripe. If the cap doesn't come off, it's not ripe yet.
- Pistachios and walnuts: It's best to use raw pistachios and nuts for this recipe. Make sure they're not flavored.
- Yogurt: To make the dip even creamier, use plain yogurt. You can use Greek yogurt, regular yogurt, whole milk or non-fat yogurt.
- Cut the avocados in half and take the pits out. Peel the avocados and set the aside.
- Place the walnuts and pistachios in a food processor and blend until it turns into crumbles.
- Add in the avocadoes, yogurt, salt and lime juice. Blend until creamy and combined.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with parsley and pepper flakes. Serve with barbari, pita, pita chips, lavash or naan.
Here are a few variations of this easy avocado dip recipe:
- Avocado dip without yogurt: If you'd like a dairy free option, you can use non-dairy yogurt such as cashew or almond milk yogurt.
- Spicy: Add ½ jalapeno pepper to the dip.
- Herbs: Add ½ cup chopped cilantro to the avocados and blend.
- Garlic: For garlic avocado dip, add 2 cloves of garlic to the pistachios and walnuts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since avocados tend to brown after about 30 minutes, it's best to serve this dip right after making it.
This dip calls for yogurt therefore it's not vegan. However, to make it vegan you can use non dairy yogurt or sour cream.
You can use other nuts such as cashews.
If your dip is too thick, add some water (one tablespoon at a time) and blend again.
More dips and spreads
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Pistachio Walnut Avocado Dip
- 2 avocados
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 lime juice of
- 2 tablespoon plain yogurt
- Peel the avocados and take out the pit.
- Place the walnuts and pistachios in a food processor and blend until crumbled.
- Add in the avocados, salt, lime and yogurt to the blender.
- Blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add one tablespoon water.