Roast beef sliders are the perfect game day food! Layers of roast beef and cheese between Hawaiian rolls are topped with the most delicious spread and cooked to perfection.
If you love sliders as much as we do, you're going to love this roast beef sliders recipe. Our turkey swiss sliders are super popular on Pinterest and these buffalo chicken sliders are our go to for game day season. Of course, if you're feeling adventurous, you have to try Asian chicken sliders with crunchy slaw.
Table Of Contents:
Roast beef sliders on Hawaiian rolls
Game day season is right around the corner and slider recipes made with Hawaiian rolls are our favorite snack and food for this time of the year. The fluffiness of the rolls and their flavor pairs perfectly with any kind of meat and cheese. Brush the top of the rolls with some melted butter and spices and you'll have the most delicious sliders ever.
These Hawaiian roll roast beef sandwiches can be made in less than 20 minutes and is a crowd pleaser. I love making sliders for a crows because it's super simple and easy and I can make so many of them with different flavors in no time and with just a few ingredients that I usually have at hand or I can easily get from any supermarket. These sliders are definitely one of our favorites. I mean, is there anyone who would say no to a delicious slider with melty cheese that's packed with flavor in each and every bite?
What do I need to make roast beef sliders
You will be surprised to see how simple and easy it is to make these sliders. You need the following ingredients:
- Hawaiian rolls: I love using Hawaiian rolls for this recipe but you can also use soft and fluffy dinner rolls.
- Roast beef: You can get good roast beef from the deli section of your local supermarket or directly from a deli.
- Cheese: You can use any kind of melting cheese. Provolone, mozzarella and cheddar are quite common.
- Butter: Flavored melted butter is used to brush on top the sliders for more flavor and to keep them from getting too crispy.
- Garlic, Worcestershire sauce and mustard: All the flavors you need to enhance the flavor of these humble sliders.
How to make roast beef sliders
Preheat the oven to 350F. Mix melted butter, garlic and onion powder, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl and set aside. Cut the Hawaiian rolls or slider buns in half and separate the tops from the bottoms. Place the bottoms in a 9x13 baking pan or on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Spread a little bit of the melted butter mixture on the rolls. Top with half of the roast beef and then top with cheese. Add another layer of roast beef and finish with the top layer of the Hawaiian rolls.
Brush the melted butter spread on the Hawaiian rolls, cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven. If desired, top with some sesame seeds or poppy seeds. Bake uncovered for some minutes, cut and serve immediately.
How long does it take to cook slider
It usually takes about 12 to 15 minutes to bake these roast beef Hawaiian rolls. I usually bake them for about 12 minutes covered and 3-5 minutes uncovered. When you're baking them uncovered, make sure they're not getting too dry.
What to serve with these sliders
Hawaiian roll roast beef sliders are the ultimate game day food and they go well with so many dips and other game day snacks. I love serving them with roasted garlic dip, the flavors match perfectly. They also work well with some horseradish sauce.
Roast beef sliders flavors
- To make Italian roast beef sliders, use mozzarella cheese and chopped pepperoncini in the sliders.
- Top the roast beef with caramelized onion to make French dip roast beef sliders.
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Roast Beef Sliders Recipe
- 1 pack Hawaiian rolls 12 sliders
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 lb deli roast beef
- 12 slices provolone or muenster cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 9x13 baking pan or a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the sliders in half and place the bottom part in the baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, whole grain mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion and garlic powder.
- Spread one tablespoon of the mixture on the sliders in the pan.
- Top it with half of the roast beef.
- Top the roast beef with 12 slices of cheese.
- Top with the remaining roast beef and finish by placing the top part of the sliders on the roast beef.
- Spread the remaining butter mixture on the sliders.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 12 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
- To make Italian roast beef sliders, use mozzarella cheese and pepperoncini peppers in the sliders.
- You can also use cheddar cheese instead of provolone.