Pepperoni Pull Apart Pizza Bread is full of cheese and amazing flavors. Have your favorite pizza in a form of a pizza pull apart bread with no hassle in no time.
Raise your hand if you love pizza! We can have pizza in any shape or form including Mediterranean pizza, Breakfast pizza, meatball sub pizza and pepperoni pizza dip! Our new obsession is this pull apart pizza bread; we think you'll agree that it's an outstanding recipe!
Easy pizza pull apart bread is the perfect appetizer!
Game day season is one of the greatest food seasons on the American calendar. The fall and winter months are ideal for enjoying good, cheesy food. To get you started, I have this amazing pepperoni pull apart bread that you're going to love. It has very simple instructions and anyone can make it!
What is this pull apart pizza bread good for?
- Game Days - I know people love to have pizza and buffalo chicken on game days and for tailgating. I already have this buffalo chicken French bread on the blog and now you also have an easy pepperoni pull apart bread to make for game day, too.
- Gatherings - When you have family or friends over, this cheesy pull apart bread is great to make as an appetizer. I doubt there would be a person who can say no to any kind of pizza bread.
- Girls Night In - This pull apart pizza bread loaf would make the perfect dish to make and eat when you're spending time with your friends. Teens love this!
- Using up old bread - Yes, if your bread is a day or two old, just turn it into a pepperoni pizza pull apart bread. It doesn't have to necessarily be a sourdough bread, it can be French bread, baguette, or any other bread that you have in the kitchen.
Pull apart pizza bread ingredients
To make this easy pizza pull apart bread you need:
- Loaf of bread
- Parmesan cheese
- Spices such as garlic powder and thyme
- Mozzarella cheese
How to make pizza pull apart bread
I have the simplest pull apart pizza bread recipe here for you, so simple and easy, even a completely inexperienced cook with an oven can make it.
Start by mixing parmesan, melted butter and spices in a bowl. Next, cut the bread on a diagonal into diamonds but make sure you're not cutting all the way through, we want all the parts to be attached at the bottom. Brush the bread in the cracks and surface with the melted butter mixture.
Now it's time to stuff the bread with as many pepperoni slices as you please. I usually use one to two cups of pepperoni depending on the size of the bread. Stuff the bread with shredded mozzarella as well and sprinkle some mozzarella on top of the bread as well. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the cheese is melted and the bread is warm. Serve warm with pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping.
Can I make pepperoni pull apart bread ahead of time?
This pepperoni pull apart bread is best served right away when it's hot and the cheese is all melted. You can easily prepare it ahead of time and wrap it in an aluminum foil and store in the fridge. Once you decide to bake it, preheat the oven to 350F and as the oven is being heated, place the pizza pull apart bread on the counter. Then bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted. I cover it with aluminum foil while baking to keep it soft and avoid burning.
Notes and tips for making pull apart pizza bread
- I love to add tons of garlic powder and thyme to butter and parmesan for this recipe, but I have also made it with rosemary, oregano and Italian seasoning and all of them turn out to be delicious. Depending on your preferences you can change the herbs. But always keep the parmesan - that's one of the best parts!
- I always use turkey pepperoni but you can also use beef or pork pepperoni.
- You can use thinly sliced mozzarella in the cracks instead of shredded mozzarella.
- How long does it take for the pizza bread to bake? This really depends on the size of the bread, but usually it takes between 15 and 20 minutes for the cheese to melt completely and for the bread to be warm.
- Cover the bread loosely with aluminum foil while baking to prevent it from drying. Also, make sure it's not touching the bread's surface otherwise the cheese would stick to the aluminum foil.
Looking for more game day food?
- Cheesy Taco Dip with Homemade Rosemary Garlic Tortilla Chips
- Rosemary Garlic Monkey Bread
- Cheesy pull-apart bread with bacon, garlic, cheddar and swiss
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Korean Beef Nachos
- Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread
- Barbecue Chicken English Muffin Pizza
Pepperoni Pull Apart Bread
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- 6 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Melted
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 loaf Sourdough
- 1 cup Pepperoni
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, whisk Parmesan cheese, melted butter, garlic powder and thyme together. Set aside.
- Place the bread loaf on a board. Using bread knife cut the bread on a diagonal into 1 inch diamonds but don't cut all the way through the bread.
- Pry open each crack and brush with the melted butter and Parmesan mixture. Make sure you brush all the bread.
- Stuff the bread with pepperoni. Make sure you use pepperoni in every slot.
- Stuff the bread with mozzarella cheese. Top with some more mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is fully melted.
- Top with some chopped parsley and serve immediately.