The best easy and cozy soup recipes to warm you up in the cold season. You can find vegetarian, vegan and gluten free soups here.
If you love soup as much as we do, make sure to take a look at our soup recipes! From Greek chicken orzo soup to vegan lentil soup, we've got you covered!
Favorite soup recipes
When the cold season starts, all I want is just a tasty bowl of soup and a blanket. Nothing beats a warm bowl of soup. There are so many ways to make soup using your favorite ingredients. You can make soup with almost any kind of vegetables.
To make a delicious soup, it's important to use quality ingredients. Adding fresh herbs is great for flavoring and also makes a nice garnish.
Tips to make the best soup
Soup is such a comforting dish that you can enjoy any time of the year. Here are a few notes to keep in mind when it comes to making soup:
- As for the pots, you can use almost any kind of pot including non-stick, Dutch-oven, cast iron or stainless steel. Make sure the pot is completely clean before you start cooking. You can also use your slow cooker or instant pot to make many soup recipes.
- Let the soup cook on medium heat for a while for the flavors to combine.
- Use fresh lemons instead of packaged lemon juice to add brightness to your soup and balance the flavors.
- Most soups freeze very well if stored properly. You can use freezer-safe containers or freezer bags. To serve, thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat in a pot over medium heat until warm.
The best soup recipes
Soups and stews are perfect for any time of the year as lunch or dinner. I love serving them with some freshly baked bread. Here are some suggestions.
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
20+ Best Soup Recipes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 Yukon gold potato cut into 1 inch chunks
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1 can chickpeas 15.5 oz
- 5 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup parsley
- Pour olive oil into instant pot and press the "saute" button. Once the oil is hot, saute onion and garlic until golden and fragrant.
- Add in diced carrots and chopped potatoes. Drain the chickpeas and add them to the instant pot. Add cinnamon, cumin, Aleppo pepper, salt and tomato paste to the vegetable. Stir well to combine.
- Add the shredded chicken breast and the chicken stock. Stir well. Secure the lid and set the valve to "sealing". Press the "pressure cook" button and set it on "high". Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is done, do a quick release. Open the lid, stir in chopped parsley. Taste to make sure the soup has enough salt for your taste.
- Serve warm with some lemon juice.
- If Aleppo pepper is not available, use red pepper flakes or chili powder.
- You can use leftover chicken breast (grilled, baked or rotisserie) or make poached chicken in instant pot.
- If you don't have an instant pot, make this soup on the stove. Follow the recipe as instructed and prepare it in a large pot on the stove top. Once you add the chicken stock, cover with the lid and cook over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes until the carrot and potatoes are cooked.
- To make this instant pot chicken soup with raw chicken breast, cut it into chunks and add it to the onion and garlic and saute until golden. Proceed with the recipe as instructed. The timing will remain the same.