The best easy and cozy soup recipes to warm you up in the cold season. You can find vegetarian, vegan and gluten free soups here.
If you love soup as much as we do, make sure to take a look at our soup recipes! From Greek chicken orzo soup to vegan lentil soup, we've got you covered!
Table Of Contents:
Favorite soup recipes
When the cold season starts, all I want is just a tasty bowl of soup and a blanket. Nothing beats a warm bowl of soup. There are so many ways to make soup using your favorite ingredients. You can make soup with almost any kind of vegetables.
To make a delicious soup, it's important to use quality ingredients. Adding fresh herbs is great for flavoring and also makes a nice garnish.
Tips to make the best soup
Soup is such a comforting dish that you can enjoy any time of the year. Here are a few notes to keep in mind when it comes to making soup:
- As for the pots, you can use almost any kind of pot including non-stick, Dutch-oven, cast iron or stainless steel. Make sure the pot is completely clean before you start cooking. You can also use your slow cooker or instant pot to make many soup recipes.
- Let the soup cook on medium heat for a while for the flavors to combine.
- Use fresh lemons instead of packaged lemon juice to add brightness to your soup and balance the flavors.
- Most soups freeze very well if stored properly. You can use freezer-safe containers or freezer bags. To serve, thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat in a pot over medium heat until warm.
The best soup recipes
Avgolemono (Greek Lemon Chicken Soup)
One Pot Curry Lentil Soup (Vegan)
Turkish Red Lentil Soup (Mercimek Corbasi)
Mediterranean vegetable soup (instant pot)
Turmeric Red Lentil Soup Recipe
Persian Eggplant Soup – Ash-e Bademjan
Instant pot creamy potato soup
Ash Reshteh (Persian Noodle Soup)
Turkish Yogurt Soup (Yayla Çorbasi)
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup (Slow Cooker, Stove top and Instant pot)
Easy Mediterranean Green Lentil Soup
Quick and Easy Sausage Gnocchi Soup
Saffron Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Soups and stews are perfect for any time of the year as lunch or dinner. I love serving them with some freshly baked bread. Here are some suggestions.
You can also make a large salad on the side, some of our favorite salads are nicoise salad, healthy chicken salad and green goddess salad.
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
20+ Best Soup Recipes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 Yukon gold potato cut into 1 inch chunks
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1 can chickpeas 15.5 oz
- 5 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup parsley
- Pour olive oil into instant pot and press the "saute" button. Once the oil is hot, saute onion and garlic until golden and fragrant.
- Add in diced carrots and chopped potatoes. Drain the chickpeas and add them to the instant pot. Add cinnamon, cumin, Aleppo pepper, salt and tomato paste to the vegetable. Stir well to combine.
- Add the shredded chicken breast and the chicken stock. Stir well. Secure the lid and set the valve to "sealing". Press the "pressure cook" button and set it on "high". Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is done, do a quick release. Open the lid, stir in chopped parsley. Taste to make sure the soup has enough salt for your taste.
- Serve warm with some lemon juice.
- If Aleppo pepper is not available, use red pepper flakes or chili powder.
- You can use leftover chicken breast (grilled, baked or rotisserie) or make poached chicken in instant pot.
- If you don't have an instant pot, make this soup on the stove. Follow the recipe as instructed and prepare it in a large pot on the stove top. Once you add the chicken stock, cover with the lid and cook over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes until the carrot and potatoes are cooked.
- To make this instant pot chicken soup with raw chicken breast, cut it into chunks and add it to the onion and garlic and saute until golden. Proceed with the recipe as instructed. The timing will remain the same.
Shadi ... Thank you for sharing these soup recipes. We bought your two books, and we are starting to try and learn how to cook Mediterrian. So, my whole family appreciates your sharing your knowledge and experience in this area.
So many great soups to try!
This is a great source of all the soup recipes I want to try! I'm excited to make the green lentil soup as I have a lot in my pantry!
This is the post I have been looking for! I've been eating soup for lunch every day for weeks and am in need of some new ideas. I can't wait to try the curried lentil soup and just work my way through all the others in this post.
What a wonderful selection to try when it's so cold and stormy outside (at least in the UK)! I 100% recommend the red lentil soup recipe, which we've made a couple of times already! 🙂
Hi Leva! Thank you for your comment!
Soup season is the best season! I think I'm most excited about the Sausage Gnocchi Soup!
All these soups look amazing! I'm going to try the lemon orzo one first!
Wow, great list! I'll be trying out those lentil recipes soon!