This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ThinSlicedChicken #CollectiveBias
This 30-minute Honey Sesame Chicken is what you need for dinner tonight. It’s made with ingredients that you already have in your pantry. Easy and no fuss!
What’s better than a dinner that comes together in half an hour?
As you already know we love cooking with chicken. Because it’s easy, cooks quickly and there are so many ways to make it with different flavors. You can go all fancy or you can just put something together in no time. Either way, it will taste great.
Since I’ve started writing my cookbook, I really don’t have time to make fancy meals or stand by the stove and cook as much as I love doing it. Therefore dishes that take less than an hour to come together are becoming my favorites in these busy days.
This time, I made a 30-minute Honey Sesame Chicken and I used Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. These chicken breasts are thinly sliced and individually frozen. All I had to do was to coat them with some cornstarch and then sear them in a pan, ten minutes for each side, while sautéing the veggies and mixing in the sauce ingredients. For the sauce I went as simple as possible, so I just mixed honey, soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder in a small pot and just heated everything for a little bit. Super simple, super fast, yet so tasty!
I like to have the veggies for this dish half-cooked and crisp. I didn’t use many spices as the sauce drizzled on the vegetables itself is very flavorful. As the chicken is all natural and without hormones and steroids, it has a nice taste to it and the cornstarch coating gives it a nice crisp. I used the whole chicken breast pieces as they are ready to cook straight from the freezer for this 30-minute honey sesame chicken but you can easily cut the chicken into smaller pieces and then coat them with cornstarch and cook them in the pan. This 30-minute honey sesame chicken and veggies is a full meal on its own but you can easily serve it with some white rice. When we are done with our easy-peasy dinner, we are going to sit on our favorite couch, and watch our favorite TV show. Oh, who am I kidding? Gotta go back to the cookbook!
This 30-minute Honey Sesame Chicken is what you need for dinner tonight. It's made with ingredients that you already have in your pantry. Easy and no fuss!
2 minPrep Time
28 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce (more if you like it spicier)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pack Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 tbsp corn-starch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 big onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- Mix all the ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until honey is combined well with all the ingredients.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat, toss the chicken breast and corn starch in a bowl to coat the chicken breast. Place the chicken pieces in the pan and cook each side for 5 minutes, turning each piece three times, cooking them for 20 minutes in total. Pour 3/4 of the sauce on the chicken pieces, lower the heat and let them simmer for 2 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute onion until golden and soft. Add in carrots and saute until a little soft. Add in sliced bell pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes and finally toss in the broccoli florets. Drizzle the remaining sauce on the vegetables and serve on the plate with chicken.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on the chicken and vegetables and serve warm.
You can find Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Product of USA) at Walmart in the frozen chicken section.
Looking for more chicken recipes?