A collection of our tried and true eggplant recipes that you will love! Enjoy the recipes for appetizers and main dishes made with this humble vegetable. These dishes are so delicious, even picky eaters will love them!
Table Of Contents:
Eggplant is an awesome veggie!
We love eggplants and use them very often in cooking. We are also very picky about eggplants and how we cook them. Eggplant is one of those veggies that some people just love and others tend to avoid. If you're not a big eggplant lover, it's most probably because you had an eggplant dish that wasn't cooked properly or was somehow lacking in flavor.
With the collection I'm sharing with you today, I predict that even the biggest eggplant skeptics will become fans. These recipes are easy to follow and usually call for a few simple ingredients. Once you try one, you'll be eager to try the rest!
The best eggplant recipes
The best thing about eggplants is that you can make them into so many different dishes such as dips, appetizers and main dishes. Eggplants also make great side dishes that go well with different meals such as grilled chicken and beef.
Here are some of our favorite eggplant recipes for entertaining and family dinners. From vegetarian and gluten free to quick and easy, we have a little something for everyone in this roundup!
Eggplant Appetizers and side dishes
Eggplant Main Dishes
Here is a little troubleshooting for some of the problems you might face when working with eggplants:
- It's bitter! Yes, this is a very common problem with eggplant and usually happens when you use globe eggplant - which is large and can be a bit seedy. To make sure your eggplant is not bitter, salt it generously before cooking and let it sit for an hour. Then rinse, pat dry and proceed with the recipe.
- My eggplant dish is so mushy! Another typical problem, this happens when the eggplant is over cooked. Depending on the method of cooking, eggplant takes between 10 to 20 minutes to cook. When the eggplant is fork tender, it is cooked and ready.
- I can't find a good eggplant! It can be tricky to find a fresh and tasty eggplant since you can't slice it open when purchasing it. A good eggplant should not have many brown seeds and should feel heavy for its size. It should feel firm and have a bright skin.
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Best Eggplant Recipes
- Check out each recipe for the complete list of ingredients
- Choose the right eggplant: A good eggplant should not have many brown seeds and should feel heavy for its size. It should feel firm and have a bright skin. Keep the eggplant in the produce drawer of your refrigerator and use within 3-4 days. I don't recommend freezing raw eggplant.
- Storage: Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. You can reheat most of these dishes in the microwave or in a pan over medium heat.