Looking for a new way to cook salmon? Check out our best salmon recipes. From baked salmon in foil to grilled grilled and everything in between, you can find many easy salmon recipes. If you're interested in other seafood recipes beside salmon, make sure to check out our seafood and fish recipe collection.
Table Of Contents:
Benefits of salmon
Salmon is a delicious fish with bright color that's so easy to cook and work with. It also comes with many health benefits:
- It's a great source of high quality and lean protein which is necessary for your body.
- Salmon has vitamin B12, vitamin A and vitamin D. Vitamin B12 prevents you from getting tired easily, vitamin A helps with eyesight and vitamin D supports your immune system.
- It's also packed with omega-3 fatty acids which are considered essential for your body.
- It might reduce the risk of heart disease and other chronic disease.
How to buy salmon at grocery store
Unless you live in a coastal place where you have access to a fish market with fresh salmon, chance are that you buy salmon from a grocery store. There are a few things you need to keep in mind when shopping for salmon:
- Make sure the salmon has a bright orange or pink color with nice marbling. Avoid the salmon if you see any brown spots on it. The fish should have a bright shade of red to pink.
- It should smell fresh and not fishy.
- Frozen fish is just as good if you trust the freezing process and the source.
- A good fillet of salmon is firm to touch and springs back if you poke it with a finger.
Best Salmon Marinade Mediterranean Style
Mediterranean Baked Dijon Salmon
Baked Pesto Salmon (only 4 ingredients!)
Easy Broiled Salmon Recipe (Only 15 Minutes!)
Crispy Orange Glazed Salmon Recipe
Honey Lemon Baked Salmon in Foil
Baked Salmon Fillet with Lemon and Garlic
Grilled Salmon Shish Kabobs (Salmon Kabobs)
Oven Baked Salmon with Olives and Capers
Frequently asked questions
You can keep raw salmon tightly wrapped in a plastic wrap and placed on a plate or a baking sheet in the fridge for up to 2 days. Raw salmon lasts up to 3 months in the freezer.
Cooked salmon is best served right away. However, if you have leftovers, store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 2 days.
Salmon is fully cooked once the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. You can also tell it's cooked when it flakes easily using a fork.
Side dishes for salmon
Salmon is such a versatile dish and can be served with many different side dishes. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Salads: Fattoush, Green goddess salad, Turkish white bean salad and Mediterranean salad.
- Potatoes: Greek potatoes, Turkish potato salad, skordalia and Greek baked fries.
- Vegetables: Grilled vegetables, Briam (Greek roasted vegetables), oven roasted vegetables and roasted brussel sprouts.
- Rice: Herb rice, brown rice, white rice and tahdig, saffron rice, Turkish rice pilaf with orzo and Greek lemon rice.
More Recipe Collections
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Best Salmon Recipes
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 4 oz goat cheese
- ⅓ cup parsley chopped
- 1 avocado
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 20 crackers
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- Mix the red onion with goat cheese and parsley in a medium sized bowl.
- In another bowl mash the avocado and season it with salt and pepper.
- Spread the goat cheese mixture on the crackers, top with the avocado mash and the smoked salmon.
- Serve immediately.
- You can make the goat cheese mix ahead of time but mash the avocado right before assembling the crackers.
- This appetizer is best served right away. If sitting for too long, the crackers will get soggy and the avocado would turn brown.
- You can use lox or flaky smoked salmon for this recipe.
- Mix the avocado with a bit of lemon juice for a bit of brightness in the flavor.
- You can use plain or herb flavored goat cheese to make this appetizer.
Delicious compilation of recipes, just in time for summer!
This is a great list! Every recipe here is spot on and a sure fire dinner winner!
This is great! So many tasty ways to make salmon, not sure which to start with! The Crispy orange glazed salmon is really calling my name tho!
We have made a few already and cant wait for more everyone has been delicious!
I'm always in search of salmon recipes to try! I cant wait to try the pineapple salmon for dinner this week!
Such a great collection! I tried the crispy orange salmon on the weekend and loved it! Shish kabobs are next!
Love this list!! I've tried the pesto and the orange glazed so far, can't wait to try more!