Winner winner, chicken dinner! Today I'm going to share my top chicken recipes for dinner. From quick chicken recipes that are ready in 30 minutes to sheet pan chicken and skillet chicken recipes to one pot chicken and rice to classic Mediterranean chicken recipes, there is a little something for everyone.
I've also included sides such as salads, bread, rice or potatoes that go well with these chicken recipes for dinner. These easy recipes are ready in a short time, making them the perfect option for a weeknight dinner!
Table Of Contents:
Chicken recipes for dinner
This dish goes well with Briam (Greek roasted vegetables).
A one pan dish that's full of bright Mediterranean flavors. It's a complete meal on its own and you can enjoy it with a simple Greek salad.
Packed with a lot of flavor, this dish goes so well with some couscous and some cucumber tomato feta salad.
Quick lemon chicken
Skillet chicken recipes
Chicken asparagus stir fry
Persian style chicken recipes for dinner
Instant pot chicken recipes
This is the easiest way to make poached chicken! Use it in salads, soups or with rice.
If you're looking for a new recipe to try in your instant pot, this is it! Super easy and perfect every time. Make it into a complete meal with some Mediterranean potato salad or instant pot brown rice.
Love your instant pot? You've got to try this recipe and serve it with a simple tomato salad.
Instant pot chicken soup
This comforting chicken soup with Middle Eastern flavors is a family favorite, especially when served with some fresh bread.
An easy way to use up leftover chicken.
More delicious chicken recipes
Readers' favorite during the holidays! These small birds are perfect for small parties and gatherings!
Turn it into wrap using lettuce or lavash or enjoy it as a sandwich with some crusty bread.
A delicious way to use up ground chicken, it's best with some steamed broccoli or roasted potatoes.
Perfect with some corn salad for a quick weeknight chicken dinner.
Storage and reheating instruction
Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days. To reheat, place the leftovers in a pan or a saucepan and heat over medium low heat for 10 to 15 minutes until heated through.
These chicken recipes are also freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw the dish in the fridge overnight and then heat in a pan over medium low heat.
More recipe collections
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
50+ Best Chicken Recipes For Dinner
- 4 Chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon pesto
- 8 slices melting cheese fontinella or mozzarella
- 4 slices tomatoes cut in half
- ⅓ cup fresh basil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Cut each chicken breast lengthwise to make a pocket, make sure not to slice it all the way through.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoon olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and garlic. Brush this mixture inside and outside of the chicken breasts.
- Spread pesto inside the chicken breasts and fill with basil, tomato and the cheese slices. Seal each chicken breast using toothpicks.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Sear the chicken breasts for about 4 minutes on each side until brown. Transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven and let the chicken cook for another 15-20 minutes until fully cooked.
- Sear the chicken breasts for about 4 minutes on each side until brown. Transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven and let the chicken cook for another 15-20 minutes until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium low heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce balsamic vinegar until you have a semi-thick sauce.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, drizzle with sauce and serve warm.
- If the chicken breast is too thick, pound it a few times before cutting it through.
- Make sure you properly seal the open end of the cheese stuffed chicken as they contain cheese.
- Bread: lavash, pita, pide and naan.
- Potatoes: Greek potatoes, Greek baked fries, oven roasted potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes.
- Vegetables: Mediterranean roasted vegetables, grilled vegetables, Briam (Greek roasted vegetables).
- Rice: Greek lemon rice, instant pot white rice, instant pot brown rice, tomato rice, dill rice, Persian rice and tahdig, Turkish rice pilaf with orzo, Lebanese rice with vermicelli.
- Salads: Mediterranean salad, Greek salad, caprese salad, Mediterranean potato salad, cucumber tomato avocado salad.