Here is a collection of our best appetizer recipes! You can find all kinds of delicious appetizers including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free. These are easy appetizer recipes that are perfect for gatherings and parties but also a good choice for a casual family dinner.
Table Of Contents:
What makes a good appetizer?
- Easy to make: A good appetizer should be easy to make. You don't want to spend more time on the appetizer than you would for the main dish.
- Delicious: It's the start of a meal, it should make people want more of whatever you're cooking!
- Not too filling: It should be a good nibble, but not too heavy that your guests would be too stuffed to eat the main dish.
How many appetizers should I make for a party?
This really depends on the size of the party and what you're planning to serve as the main dish. Usually one appetizer is enough, especially if you're not hosting many people. If you'd like to serve more and you have 10+ guests, then you can serve up to 4 types of appetizers.
Easy Appetizer Recipes
GOZLEME RECIPE (TURKISH STUFFED FLATBREAD)
Easy Persian Appetizer Platter
Melitzanosalata (Greek Eggplant Dip)
Spanish Tortilla Recipe (Easy Tutorial)
The Best Traditional Greek Salad Recipe
Lebanese Kibbeh Recipe (Video Tutorial)
Homemade Falafel Recipe (Step-By-Step)
Easy Greek Meatballs Recipe (Keftedes)
Muhammara Roasted Red Peppers and Walnut Dip
Lebanese Fattoush Salad Recipe
Tabouli Salad Recipe (Tabbouleh)
Baked Feta Recipe with Honey And Zaatar
Tzatziki (Greek yogurt and cucumber sauce)
Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower Salad
The Best Middle Eastern Eggplant Recipe
Turkish zucchini fritters (mucver)
Kashke Bademjan (Persian eggplant dip)
Spanish Garlic Shrimp Recipe (Gambas Al Ajillo)
Making appetizers ahead of time
Depending on the recipe, there are many appetizers on this list that you can make in advance, or at least prepare the ingredients ahead of time. You can choose the right appetizer for your menu by considering the amount of time you're going to spend on doing the other tasks such as making the main dish, dessert, salad, etc.
BURRATA WITH TOMATOES AND PEACH
AJVAR ROASTED RED PEPPER RELISH
Pan Con Tomate (Spanish Tomato Bread)
More recipe collections
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
40+ Easy Appetizer Recipes
- 20 white button mushrooms cleaned
- 8 oz crab meat
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Monterey cheese shredded
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- Heat the oven to 375F and coat a cast iron skillet using olive oil. Set aside.
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms and place them in a cast iron skillet.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in another pan and heat it over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic in the pan until golden brown. Add in the crab meat and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in bay seasoning, paprika and salt to the crab and stir. Add in the cheeses and half of the bread crumb. Mix well until all incorporated.
- Turn the heat off and stuff the mushroom caps with the filling. Top with some more bread crumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Top with green onions and parsley. Serve immediately.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Adjust the old bay seasoning to your liking if you'd like the filling less or more spicy.
- You can use fresh crab or canned crab meat, but imitation crab might not work as well.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice right before serving for more flavor.
- You can make large appetizer by using Portobello mushrooms. The cooking time would be about the same.
This list was a lifesaver when I was planning my last party! We especially enjoyed these crab stuffed mushrooms and the baba ganoush!
Such a great list of appetizers! I am always looking for something new to add to my rotation. This will keep me going for a while!